none
Outlook 2013 disconnected from Exchange 2013. ECP/OWA not accessible. Activesync not working.

Frage

• Hi,

Sorry if I have posted this question in the wrong place or again. I have searched high and low for the answer to this. We recently installed 1 windows 2012 physical server about a month ago and configured it for exchange 2013/Domain Controller/DNS/DHCP and other such roles. We are a technet subscriber so 4 of us also run windows in the domain environment with office 2013/2010. Being an IT support company and prone to playing about one of our administrators has tried to install the following roles, Routing and Remote Access, Network Policy and Access Services and the following features RAS connection manager, Direct Access. All of a sudden only that person can access mail through outlook 2010. We have 5 users. 1 Windows7/Outlook2010, 1 Windows8/Outlook2010 (The only one working) and 3 Windows8/Outlook2013. I have tried to recreate the Virtual Directories but have become confused with IIS and the new Exchange back end sites.

Would appreciate any help and will provide more information if needed.

Thanks in advance

Gary Campbell

Montag, 17. Dezember 2012 14:33

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• Hello,

Since Exchange 2013, Outlook connect to Exchange CAS via “RPC over Https” which is well known as “Outlook Anywhere”. Please first do a Remote Connectivity Analyze and see what’s the issue.

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

Please also try accessing the OWA on the CAS server and let us know the error code it returns.

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2012 09:06
  • Hi Simon,

Thanks for getting back to me. The error code returned on the CAS server for OWA is 
    Server Error in '/owa' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
      Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Exchange.HttpProxy.ErrorFE'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page language="c#" CodeBehind="ErrorFE.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Microsoft.Exchange.HttpProxy.ErrorFE" %>
    Line 2:  <%@ Import namespace="Microsoft.Exchange.Clients"%>
    Line 3:  <%@ Import namespace="Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core"%>

Source File:  /owa/auth/errorfe.aspx    Line:  1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929

Also here is my connectivity test results for my account on remote connectivity analyzer.

Connectivity Test Failed

Test Details
        Testing RPC/HTTP connectivity.
         The RPC/HTTP test failed.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to test Autodiscover for ...@linksbusinesssolutions.com.
         Testing Autodiscover failed.

Test Steps

Attempting each method of contacting the Autodiscover service.
         The Autodiscover service couldn't be contacted successfully by any method.

Test Steps

Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://linksbusinesssolutions.com/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml
         Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name linksbusinesssolutions.com in DNS.
         The host name resolved successfully.

Additional Details
         IP addresses returned: 195.149.63.54
        Testing TCP port 443 on host linksbusinesssolutions.com to ensure it's listening and open.
         The port was opened successfully.
        Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.
         The SSL certificate failed one or more certificate validation checks.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to obtain the SSL certificate from remote server linksbusinesssolutions.com on port 443.
         ExRCA successfully obtained the remote SSL certificate.

Additional Details
         Remote Certificate Subject: CN=mail.linksbusinesssolutions.com, Issuer: CN=mail.linksbusinesssolutions.com.
        Validating the certificate name.
         Certificate name validation failed.
          Tell me more about this issue and how to resolve it

Additional Details
         Host name linksbusinesssolutions.com doesn't match any name found on the server certificate CN=mail.linksbusinesssolutions.com.
        Attempting to test potential Autodiscover URL https://autodiscover.linksbusinesssolutions.com/AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml
         Testing of this potential Autodiscover URL failed.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover.linksbusinesssolutions.com in DNS.

Additional Details
        Testing TCP port 443 on host autodiscover.linksbusinesssolutions.com to ensure it's listening and open.
         The port was opened successfully.
        Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.
         The SSL certificate failed one or more certificate validation checks.

Test Steps

ExRCA is attempting to obtain the SSL certificate from remote server autodiscover.linksbusinesssolutions.com on port 443.
         ExRCA successfully obtained the remote SSL certificate.

Additional Details
         Remote Certificate Subject: CN=mail.linksbusinesssolutions.com, Issuer: CN=mail.linksbusinesssolutions.com.
        Validating the certificate name.
         Certificate name validation failed.

Additional Details
         Host name autodiscover.linksbusinesssolutions.com doesn't match any name found on the server certificate CN=mail.linksbusinesssolutions.com.
        Attempting to contact the Autodiscover service using the HTTP redirect method.
         The attempt to contact Autodiscover using the HTTP Redirect method failed.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name autodiscover.linksbusinesssolutions.com in DNS.

Additional Details
        Testing TCP port 80 on host autodiscover.linksbusinesssolutions.com to ensure it's listening and open.
         The specified port is either blocked, not listening, or not producing the expected response.

Additional Details
         A network error occurred while communicating with the remote host.
        Attempting to contact the Autodiscover service using the DNS SRV redirect method.
         ExRCA failed to contact the Autodiscover service using the DNS SRV redirect method.

Test Steps

Attempting to locate SRV record _autodiscover._tcp.linksbusinesssolutions.com in DNS.
         The Autodiscover SRV record wasn't found in DNS.

Thanks again

Gary Campbell

Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2012 15:04
  • https://linksbusinesssolutions.com/owa

you get a pop up for user and password.

you should get owa certificate error then owa web page?

suggest there may be some configuration errors somewhere?

"I have tried to recreate the Virtual Directories but have become confused with IIS and the new Exchange back end sites. "

James.

Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2012 15:11
  • https://linksbusinesssolutions.com/owa

you get a pop up for user and password.

you should get owa certificate error then owa web page?

suggest there may be some configuration errors somewhere?

"I have tried to recreate the Virtual Directories but have become confused with IIS and the new Exchange back end sites. "

James.

Hi James,

These return cannot display pages in internet explorer. Do you know how to rebuild IIS 8 to try and get it back to the way it was.

Thanks

Gary

Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2012 16:32
  • Hello,

If you even cannot access OWA on your CAS server, I suggest we reinstall the CAS server.

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2012 03:02
  • and how do you reinstall the CAS Role? I am reading you can only perform a complete uninstall of the server :S

Juan Carlos

Montag, 11. März 2013 17:16