none
Outlook '07 causes Event Errors 34 & 35 in the Application Log

Question

• When this problem originally surfaced, operating Outlook locally would cause a Security Alert advising that a certificate of the Exchange hosting domain controller is invalid; viewing the certificate from within the alert would confirm this.  An Outlook session would also cause corresponding errors in the Application Event Log; Event ID's 34 & 35 (Failed to determine if the store is in the Crawl Scope (error 80040154), Failed to get the Crawl Scope Manager with error=0x80040154).  After applying Exchange SP2 and Rollup update 981383, the Security Alert (invalid certificate) issue vanished, however, eID's 34 & 35 do persist (with a slew of new ones; e.g. led by 2152).

After to appying the ADSI Edits for PurportedSearch values as prescribed for the 2152 error, the slew of errors led by the 2152 error vanished, however, the 34 & 35 errors remain.  This time, the 34 & 35 errors are led by a 1001 Fault Bucket error.  During Exchange startup, a pair of 12011 errors persist also, however, i don't believe this is related; e.g. NIC checksum offloading ...

Any help on this would b greatly appreciated.

Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:01 AM

All replies

• So, the environment is exchange 2007 SP2 RU4, right?

Do you encounter the error 12011 in this thread, please try to use the suggestions in the thread for troubleshooting

Please provide detailed information about the other error events

James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:39 AM
  • Right; that's my Exchange rev.  I did encounter the 12011 event/error; initially, i disabled the IP/Checksum offloading as afforded by NIC driver functionality and later i applied an updated Intel NIC driver (enabling the offloading).  Currently, i don't get that error.   However, now i have been getting a flurry of errors in a pattern; starts with eID 2152 and then a bunch of eID 1 errors follow, and then it repeat, and it's been doing this for days now.

I'll look into the "in this tread" link and post afterwards ...

Glenn of xSyLent
    • Edited by GlennXS Friday, July 16, 2010 2:23 AM
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:41 AM
  • I assessed those registrations as detailed in the aforementioned thread and they were as prescribed.  I still get the repetition of 2152 & 1 Event ID errors in the Application Log (one 2152 followed by six eID#1 events that r 15 minutes apart) and Outlook sessions still cause the 34 & 35 errors.
    Glenn of xSyLent
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:14 PM
  • After a few Office/Outlook updates and few reboots, Outlook no longer propogated the #34 & #35 event ID's; that problem "went away".  However, another (new) Certificate issue has surfaced.  I'll dismiss this issue at this point and pursue the new certificate issue ...
    Glenn of xSyLent
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:33 PM