none
MSExchangeSA Event ID 9327 when updating OAB

Question

• Hi!

When forcing updating Offline address book: Get-OfflineAddressBook | Update-OfflineAddressBook

I should see events: MSExchangeSA Event ID 9343 - when update starts and MSExchangeSA Event ID 9107 - when update finishes, am I right?

But instead of this, I am gettin:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        MSExchangeSA
    Event ID:      9327

OALGen skipped some entries in the offline address list '\Global Address List'.  To see which entries are affected, event logging for the OAL Generator must be set to at least medium.

How can I set logging for the OAL? Is it updating the rest of the address list?

Thankyou in advance.

Fabio Martins MCDST/MCSA Brasil!!!
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Got to server properties and and you can have the option to increase the logging

OR You can do it from EMS

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335139.aspx

Cheers,

Gulab | MCTS-MCITP: 2010 | MCTS-MCITP: 2007 | MCC | Skype: gulab.mallah
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:35 PM
  • Hi,

Please run the following cmdlet:

Set-EventLogLevel -Identity "MSExchangeSA\OAL Generator" -Medium

Thanks.

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, February 25, 2011 5:42 AM
  • Any update on your issue?
    Jonas Andersson | Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog | Follow me on twitter: jonand82
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:57 PM
  • Hi,

Set-EventLogLevel -Identity "MSExchangeSA\OAL Generator" -Medium

Thanks.

Novak

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Set-EventLogLevel -Identity "MSExchangeSA\OAL Generator" -Level Medium

Done!

Thankyou!!!

Monday, February 28, 2011 7:28 PM
  • Hi!

Now i can see lots, hundreds of events:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        MSExchangeSA
    Event ID:      9359
    Task Category: (13)
    Level:         Information

"OALGen truncated or dropped properties for entry 'NameOfGroupOruser' in address list '\Global Address List' because they exceeded the configured size limits for the version 4 offline address list.  The affected MAPI ids are:  8009 8008.
    - \Default OAB"

What does it exactly means? Is it a fixable problem? is it really a problem?

Thankyou in advance!

Monday, February 28, 2011 7:42 PM
  •  

Hi,

This Event ID is by design and it’s expected information. For more information about the Event ID, please refer to the link below:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dgoldman/archive/2009/12/01/please-read-events-9320-and-9359-on-new-installation-of-exchange-2010.aspx

Thanks.

Novak

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 1:55 AM
  • I agree with Novak you can ignore it, its not going to cause any issue.
    It suppose to be fixed in SP1 ;) hope will get it fixed in SP2 in June :)

Cheers,

Gulab | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2007 | MCC 2011 | Skype: Gulab.Mallah
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011 5:25 AM
  • We will do this on EMC as well..

Manage Diagnostic Logging -go to the properties- MSExchangeSA- OAL Generator-Set to medium.

Thanks

Amit

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

the syntax is incorrect, the command cannot found the Parameter "Medium". They need -level switch.

Set-EventLogLevel -Identity "MSExchangeSA\OAL Generator" -Level Medium

Thanks.

Dirk Schaeck

• Edited by DSchaeck Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:04 PM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:02 PM