none
OWA light mode not updating

Question

• Hi,

One of my colleagues is using light mode on his phone as he doesn't like the Touchdown app. However he has found that new e-mails hitting his Inbox do not appear. It is nothing to do with the phone however as the same behaviour is observed at the desktop.

A simple test involves being logged into two browsers, one in light mode and the other not, and sending him an e-mail. You see the mail appear in the standard OWA but not in the other. Hitting refresh in light mode makes no difference.

However if he uses search it is able to find them! They just don't appear in his Inbox. If I repeat the test with my account it works as I would expect.

We have recently completed an upgrade to SP2 but he isn't certain whether the issue was affecting him before then or not. I have looked through the rollups for SP2 and not seen this mentioned anywhere.

Anyone else seen this?

Howard

Friday, June 15, 2012 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Howard,

When you searched out the "missing" message, where is it's location? another folder or still in Inbox?

If it is in Inbox, please check and make sure you are Sort by Received.

If it is not in Inbox, please check if there is any Rules applyed on the mailbox.

Hope it is helpful. 

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Howard Gyton Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:40 AM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 7:35 AM
  • My, rather embarrassed, colleague has confirmed that he was sorting his view with something other than "Received date".

Fiona, you get the points and my thanks. Wish I had taken a closer look myself now....

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:40 AM

All replies