i have a very random issue with one user in particular when replying to e mail and they end up going to the incorrect person. here is the work flow
- user is replying to an e mail sent to him buy User A. ( half composed reply but not ready to send)
- user then recieves an e mail from User B and leaves the reply to user A while replying to user B
- finishes the e mail to user B and clicks send
- this e mail actually get sent to user A
- the half composed e mail to user A is now blank.
this user has had this a number of time but can usually spot it before sending but there has been a couple of times where sensitve e mail have been to the wrong person.
the exchange infrastructure is exchange 2010 , Outlook 2007
this i have tried already
- new mail profile ( made no difference)
- new roaming profile ( made no difference)
- outlook in safe mode ( difficult to tell as it is a random issue and cannot use safe mode for days)
- moving mailbox to a different database ( no difference)
has anyone come across this before. - i have screen shots if needed.
- Edited by IPS Group Monday, June 18, 2012 1:11 PM
Thank You Ed
i am trying this later this afternoon.
Xiu - only happens to one user., very difficult to test in OWA as it is a random issue which can happen a couple of times a day or not happen at all for a few days and it is impossible to get the user ( a director of the company) to use OWA for a day when we have CRM's which intagrate with outlook.
as in my original message i have already tired new mail profile and new roaming profile and the issue still occurs. outlook is also in online mode.
Since we have settings in windows profile, including nickname etc. so I recommend you to create new windows profile and then check the issue.
Besides,are you using roaming profile? Can you check the add-ins for that outlook?
How to reset the nickname and the automatic completion caches in Outlook
TechNet Community Support
update on this today.
set up a brand new roaming profile for the user and removed all old locally cached profiles.
this profile included a brand new nk2 file.
outlook in live mode with no extra add-ins ( just standard outlook)
the user had the same issue today again and ended up sending an e mail to the wrong person. same workflow as before.
could be a bad contact but i would not have any idea how to find which contact it was.
there is no pattern i can see and it seems to happen randomly depending on what e mails you are replying to. i have seen this with both internal and external e mails.
i have seen it with all kinds of recipients.
the latest example is
- replying to an e mail from an external source ( half written but not sent)
- new e mail arrives from someone internally
- stops replying to the external e mail and starts to reply to the internal e mail
- when he clicks the send on the internal e mail it gets sent to the external person
- the half written e mail to the external person is now totall blank.
- the user is in the middle of replying to an e mail that has arrived for an external e mail address... he has semi coposed this e mail but not sent it ( EMAIL A)
- the user then recieves another e mail while he is writting EMAIL A from an internal address ( from one of our directors)
- the users then stops writting EMAIL A and then proceeds to reply to the director ( E MAIL B)
- When he click send on E MAIL B it goes to the recipent of EMAIL A
- when he goes back to E MAIL A to see the semi composed message it is blank.
this generally seems to happen if he is in the middle of replying to an e mail and then recieves and e mail in that time and proceeds to reply to the 2nd e mail without finishing the first e mail
hope this makes sense
Make sure that Outlook doesn't have a contact with a corrupt address. Make sure your nickname file doesn't have a corrupt entry--delete the entire file to be sure.
For more guidance, post a specific example with exact details.
Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
I have the exact same problem recently. I specifically put a contacts Email #1 address in To: Double click on it, check, verify email address - once I click send, goes to Email Address #2 instead. It happens consistently with this user.
I even opened up the contact to see if the visible labeling was simply incorrect - it is right. I've recently spoken to another colleague who has seen this recently as well. Maybe it is just a bad NK2 - I haven't tried clearing all cache yet. Just wondered if it was a known issue.