none
Migration Plan to Exchange 2010 SP2

Question

• We currently have HMC 4.5 with Exchange 2007 and looking to move to Exchange 2010 SP2 as we have been waiting for it for a long time. Currently we are looking for a vendor that can handle the complete project for us and at the same time provide an automation solution that can simplify our management overheads.

We believe a single vendor will make the whole project a success and at the end of the day we will have to spend a less time managing it.

During Migration we have some concerns like we need no or minimal downtime & coexistence of Exchange 2007 & 2010. Any added functionality on the automation solution will be a big plus.

I will appreciate suggestions & recommendations.

Monday, December 19, 2011 5:47 PM

All replies

• Sarah, as an aside and to anyone reading this, we will be publishing guidance on the migration process early in the new year. Good luck with the migration.
    Monday, December 19, 2011 7:22 PM
  • Hi Sarah, if your looking for a vendor for your migration from HMC 4.5 to Exchange 2010 I work for a company that can help you in this, my company can do the migration, we have done alot of projects related to HMC and Exchange 2010 Hosting and migration.

If you interested please tell me.

Company URL: http://www.capital-telecom.net

Monday, December 19, 2011 8:13 PM
  • Thank you for your interest. Can you also recommend any control panel that we can use to extend our Exchange 2010 Offering?

Currently I am looking at possible options so that we can discuss it further.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:47 AM
  • Hello Sarah,

Most control panel vendors do not yet have the ability to provision Exchange 2010 SP2 as the service pack was recently released. I would venture to guess by the end of January most of the vendors will have the capability to provision mailboxes hosted on Exchange 2010 SP2 servers with Address Book Policies configured. 

I'm happy to provide additional information regarding HMC 4.5 to Exchange 2010 SP2 migration strategies and provisioning systems should you need it.

Do you have an idea for dates of the Exchange 2010 SP2 and Provisioning system implementation?

Kind regards,

Yianni...

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:34 PM
  • Thank you for your interest. Can you also recommend any control panel that we can use to extend our Exchange 2010 Offering?

Yes, there is a control panel supporting Exchange 2010 and i.e MachPanel.

Most control panel vendors do not yet have the ability to provision Exchange 2010 SP2 as the service pack was recently released. I would venture to guess by the end of January most of the vendors will have the capability to provision mailboxes hosted on Exchange 2010 SP2 servers with Address Book Policies configured. 

You are probably missing the latest updates on Exchange 2010 SP2 support by control panel vendors. Here is the news you should catch up with - http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/010312_MachSol_Control_Panel_MachPanel_Now_Supports_Microsoft_Exchange_2010_SP2 and they broke the news about Exchange 2010 SP2 support last year in December being the first control panel rolling out support for SP2.
    Thursday, January 05, 2012 6:15 AM
  • Hi Sarah,

Have you completed the migraiton and still looking out for an assistance.. Do feel free to touch base with us as we have been having excellence in Exchange Migration, Monitoring and management for last couple of years.. Check www.kryptos.in for more or feel free to email me at gokulnath.c@kryptos.in

Regards

Gokulnath

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 4:16 PM

There are several control panels supporting Exchange 2010 SP2 but my experience with Hosting Controller has been great. They even do all the setup and configurations for free.
    Friday, February 17, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Hi,

Can you please tell me the purpose of migration? I am very new to the HMC. I dont understand the purpose behind migrating it?

please also explain me how to install the HMC 4.5 with exchange server. and the use of the HMC?

regards,

Bhalotia

Friday, February 17, 2012 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

Can you please tell me the purpose of migration? I am very new to the HMC. I dont understand the purpose behind migrating it?

please also explain me how to install the HMC 4.5 with exchange server. and the use of the HMC?

regards,

Bhalotia

read from top .. you will understand .. HMC is an automated tool like other control panels.. to do automation stuff like provisioning .. management reporting etc

MARK AS USEFUL/ANSWER IF IT DID

Thanks
    Happiness Always
    Jatin

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:34 AM