none
Verifying Data Integrity Outlook 2010

Question

• Hi,

We are using Microsoft SBS2011 including Exchange 2010

one of users could not start his Outlook 2010. the screen  shows "Verifying Data Integrity" which takes hours.

I check his .ost file at his computer, which is about 50GB.

Does Outlook 2010 have the capacity limiit?

MT
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 12:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• That's one massive OST.  How big is his mailbox?  You might consider deleting the OST and letting Outlook create a new one and sync it.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 12:09 AM
  • Many thanks for your quick reply. His mail is over 15GB. But he is a boss and he wants to monitor others' mailboxes from his outlook 2010. That is why his ost file is so big.
    MT
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 12:11 AM
  • You can create the user an archive mailbox in Exchange 2010.  This does not sync to the OST file.  Once you do this, MRM will automatically move stuff 2+ years old.  after this happens you can create a new profile (since the OST wont compact on its own)

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 12:47 AM
  • I don't think that others' mailboxes synchronize into the OST.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 1:39 AM
  • Hi,
    I would turn off "Download Shared Folders" in the Outlook profile, cause others mailboxes is synchronized into the OST. This was new in OL10 and creates more problem than it solves (according to me).

Martina Miskovic - http://www.nic2012.com/
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 8:37 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, there are limitations by default. Please see:

How to configure the size limit for both (.pst) and (.ost) files in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and in Outlook 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832925

Thanks,

Simon

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:36 AM