none
Outlook 2010 will not connect to Exchange Server

Question

• Background – we had problems with our Comcast connect (packets were getting dropped).  Comcast came in last week and reconfigured out modem and replaced the line into the building.  Anyhow, we were configured to have the Comcast router assign our IP address and they completely changed things. Interesting, one PC was the only one that could connect to the outside world.  I reconfigured the router and set it up to be our DHCP.  I also changed the server to make the primary DHCP the router.  We are running XP on both the server and clients.

Problem – now only the one client Outlook cannot connect to the server.  If I log on as my ID, it works.  If he logs onto OWA, it works.  So I figured it must be some setting in his Outlook Profile on his PC that is the problem but when I try to reconfigure it I get a message that he must be connected to the server.  He can access the server (e.g. shared drive and QuickBooks).

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:22 PM

Answers

• Hi JPAUMC,   

You can test if its physical link and DNS are correct via using CMD ping ExchangeServerName on your client PC first.

If nothing goes wrong, then you need to check if the profile of outlook is correct via the following steps:

Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel. Click User Accounts, and then click mail. Clink E-mail Accounts and then chose the user and clink the change option.

It seems that there are not only one email addresses have been configured in this outlook profile. Please verify it, and make sure only one email address in configuration and the email address is correct.

Besides, I recommend you recreate the windows profile and then create outlook profile to test the issue again.Because it can apply former outlook configuration.

Wendy

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi JPAUMC,   

You can test if its physical link and DNS are correct via using CMD ping ExchangeServerName on your client PC first.

If nothing goes wrong, then you need to check if the profile of outlook is correct via the following steps:

Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel. Click User Accounts, and then click mail. Clink E-mail Accounts and then chose the user and clink the change option.

It seems that there are not only one email addresses have been configured in this outlook profile. Please verify it, and make sure only one email address in configuration and the email address is correct.

Besides, I recommend you recreate the windows profile and then create outlook profile to test the issue again.Because it can apply former outlook configuration.

Wendy

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:39 AM
  • or you can create another outlook profile test using the new outlook profile.
    Regards zizebra http://auction.joyoustimes.net
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 1:31 PM