I need some suggestions.

User 1:

Alias : test1 (in D1 domain )
    email : test1@domain.com

User2:

Alias : test2 ( in D2 Domain )
    email: test2@domain.com

Now i did some activity...

>disconnected the mailboxes for user1 and user2 (mailboxes are on the same database on Exchange 2010 )
    >changed user2 alias from test2 to test1
    >connected user1 mailbox to user2 (which now has alias as test1)
    >added test1@domain.com and other SMTP address of user 1 to user2 account

Now do i need to add the ExchangeLegacy DN value of user1 as a X500 address in user2 for proper email flow for user2.......i am really confused about this LegacyDN thing...

Thanks

Exchange Admin

Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi

Converting the LegacyExchangeDN to an X500 address helps if people pick the user from Outlook's autocomplete list (nickname cache) or reply to an old mail that the changed user sent then mail will still be delivered - otherwise an NDR will be generated. 

If people pick the name out of the address book then the presence of an X500 address will make no difference.

Cheers, Steve

Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hi

Converting the LegacyExchangeDN to an X500 address helps if people pick the user from Outlook's autocomplete list (nickname cache) or reply to an old mail that the changed user sent then mail will still be delivered - otherwise an NDR will be generated. 

If people pick the name out of the address book then the presence of an X500 address will make no difference.

Cheers, Steve

Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Yes, i am aware of that.....in my case also some users may reply to old emails....!
    But my question is i have disconnected the mailbox and attached it to a user in a different domain with the same alias as the previous user....and mailbox is still on the same database.

Will the LegacyExchangeDN of the new user( is in a diff domain) be different if it has the same alias, same display name, same first name and last name.as the previous user..... 

Exchange Admin

Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:26 PM