none
How to remove mailbox server in exchange server 2010

Question

• HI

can any one advice me how to remove mailbox server in exchange server , i have one physical machine instaled VMWARE and created two VMmachine on them , on physical machine by mistake i installed HUB+CAS+mailbox +DC  and on VM machine i installed Mailbox server role , both VM machine i want to use for DAG and  for FSW want to use my Physical machine but now i amnot able to create DAG until i remove mailbox server from physical machine after it can be use for DAg as per microsoft recomendation, when i try to remove MBX it showing error like some mailbox exist and offline address book also on this server so it is not possible.

Any one can help for this

Thanks

Dheeraj Mishra

Thanks & Regards Dheeraj Mishra
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:37 PM

Answers

• Hello,

do you have moved the OAB generation to another Mailbox server?

You have to move the arbitration mailboxes to another server before you can uninstall the Mailbox server.

Greetings,

Toni

• Marked as answer by Dheeraj Mishra Monday, September 19, 2011 9:44 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

do you have moved the OAB generation to another Mailbox server?

You have to move the arbitration mailboxes to another server before you can uninstall the Mailbox server.

Greetings,

Toni

• Marked as answer by Dheeraj Mishra Monday, September 19, 2011 9:44 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Hi toni

I have removed mailbox server

first i run

Get-Mailbox –Database “Mailbox Database 1697561822” –arbitration

and delete arbitration mailbox after from ADSI delete mailbox database and public folder database but before deleting public folder database i moved OAB to anothere server as per your suggestion

then through program geature in control panel select uninstall

Thanks Dheeraj Mishra MCSA+MCTS
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:22 PM