none
Send As permissions not working, still says send on behalf of

Question

• Hi

I have set up a user to have send as permissions from another user's mailbox using the exchange 2010 GUI under Manage full access permissions. But when they send a message from the other user it says " sent on behalf of... which is not the required result. If I do it on a completely different mailbox and different user it works perfectly?

using Exchange 2010 and outlook 2007/2010 (Tried both)

Thanks

Monday, December 05, 2011 8:18 AM

Answers

• The issue was solved by looking at the effective permissions for the user. It turns out that all users has administrator rights on the domain. This was causing all settings on the user account to being reset back to original permissions after 15min. I removed these permissions and the new permissions "stuck"

Thanks

For the help.

• Marked as answer by TroyZub Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:35 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check the usre's outlook for anything set for Send as/Send On Behalf of. If there, delete that try

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info | www.blog.windowsadmin.info
    Monday, December 05, 2011 8:46 AM
  • Hi

So the issue its for single user? Pls try this..

remove both the permission on that user mailbox for this user. Give send as permission from the console.

You can use shell to assign Send as permision

Add-ADPermission "User B Alias name (on whose mailbox user A will have send as permision)" -User "Domain\User A" -Extendedrights "Send As" -accessrights readproperty, writeproperty -properties personal

Inform is the issue appears again

Thank you

Monday, December 05, 2011 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates after you reset the permission?

Thanks,

Evan  

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:08 AM
  • Do I need to wait for replication or will this method take effect immediately?
    Thursday, December 08, 2011 12:16 PM
  • It can take up to 2 hours or you can restart the IS service, however this will cause a outage as while the services are restarting.
    Sukh
    Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:04 PM
  • Ok I ran the script above, however it did not like the  -properties personal

Will the permissions appear on the mailbox in management console?

I tested it and it is not working, but will test again in 2 hours as mentioned above. We only have 1 mail server and 1 AD

Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:27 PM
  • If you find the mailbox in the EMC, right click on it>manage send as, should be listed there, wait for replication/cache update and check.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676368.aspx

Sukh
    Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:36 PM
  • this did not work, still getting sent on behalf of on the emails.
    Friday, December 09, 2011 9:08 AM
  • Have you created a new profile and tested?

Also, does this user have both send as and send of behalf?

Sukh
    Friday, December 09, 2011 9:11 AM
  • I have created a new mailbox and tested it and it is working. No the user only has send as / full access permissions on the mailbox.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:53 AM
  • The issue was solved by looking at the effective permissions for the user. It turns out that all users has administrator rights on the domain. This was causing all settings on the user account to being reset back to original permissions after 15min. I removed these permissions and the new permissions "stuck"

Thanks

For the help.

• Marked as answer by TroyZub Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:35 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:35 AM