none
can an AA read out a list of users and extensions automatically?

Question

• Our users are not happy with the voice recognition lookup and do not like that after a couple of failures of either voice rec or DTMF the system says "sorry i couldn't help, try again later" and hangs up.

1) is there a way to change that behavior so instead of hanging up the AA transfers to the operator after failures?

2) instead of having someone record a list of office users and their extension, is there a way to have the AA automatically build a list of users and extensions and read that out?

thanks!

Wes

Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Automatic Voice Recognition depends on Grammer files generated for Auto Attendant.

Also, depends on the UM language pack that you have installed , by default , you use "US English"

1) Not sure of the failure scenario , I think that default behaviour cannot be changed.

2) The only way AA reads the option , is setting "key mapping ",but I guess you cannot do that for all the users unless you have a very small number of UM enabled users.

3) If the user name is not easy to recognize you can also add "PhoneticDisplayName" property of the UM enabled users.

Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:19 PM
  • That's a bummer.  It would be great if it had a feature (like many AA systems) where you could set it to read out each person in the dial plan and their extension automatically (so we don't have to have someone re-record it manually as staff come and go)...
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:40 PM