none
Meeting room change from manual booking to automatic processing & old events missing in scheduling assistant

Question

• Exchange 2010 SP2
    one query i have with booking rooms.

There is recent change in meeting room booking setting, earlier room was set to manual booking Now we have change it to automatic processing by enabling Resource booking attendent.

Problem is that meeting request sent earlier which accepted by delegates can be seen if i open Meeting room mailbox calender. But i open outlook in my profile & open scheduling assistant for Meeting room, it doesn't shows ealier booke meetings.

Please revert for anything is not clear.

Regards,

Friday, March 08, 2013 11:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    I could be that the meeting was created with the status "Free" and those will not show up in Scheduling Assistant by default. Check the status of the old meetings and change them to "Busy" if they were set to "Free".

Martina Miskovic

Saturday, March 09, 2013 5:33 AM
  • No they were created with busy status.
    See before Training room was set manual booking. e.g. On 25th Feb UserA has sent request for 3rd March 3PM-4PM which has been accepted by delegate ManagerA.
    On 26th We enabled Resource booking attaendant & set automatic processing. User B sends meeting request for 3rd March 3PM-4PM which has been acceepted by system. User B should actually rcv Declined message. Even Userb has open Outlook scheduling for Training room which shows only his meeting, missing Meeting request from User A. 
    Monday, March 11, 2013 6:20 AM
  • Hi,
    If the first meeting, accepted by a Delegate was missing from the Training Room its understandable that the Resource Booking Agent didn't send a decline message. The timeslot was not busy so UserB was able to book the room.

Martina Miskovic

Monday, March 11, 2013 4:50 PM
  • Ok
    So u mean to say all past meetings accepted by delegate(When training room was set manual booking before) will go missing for user in scheduling assistant once automatic processing on Training room enabled.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:52 AM
  • Can someone please help in query.

If i open outlook using user profile & open scheduling assistant for Training room, events earlier booked using manual process are missing.Whereas auto accepted events are showing.

If i open Training room mailbox calender it shows both events. Is it normal behaviour for Room mailbox after changeing it from Manual booking by delegate to Automatic processing by enabling resource booking.
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:55 AM