none
OWA Claims Based Authentication with ADFS 2.0

Question

• With the coming of ADFS 2.0 for integration with Cloud computing and the Claims Based Authentication possibilities of SharePoint 2010 chances are that Claims Based Authentication will gain grounds in a short period.

ADFS 2.0 doesn’t supports Windows NT token-based applications, but only claims-aware applications.

At the moment Exchange 2010 provides Federation between organizations through the Microsoft Federation Gateway, but there’s no Web SSo functionality for OWA based on SAML tokens with ADFS 2.0

I cannot find any information on this subject in the help file for Exchange 2010 Sp1.

Are there any plans on making OWA a claims-aware application.

Thanks,

Marc van Eijk

Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:59 PM

Answers

• I haven’t seen Claims Based Authentication in the OWA’s authentication methods

Managing Outlook Web App Security

James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:24 AM

All replies

• I haven’t seen Claims Based Authentication in the OWA’s authentication methods

Managing Outlook Web App Security

James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 3:24 AM
  • Llike Marc, I'm someone who has to now work with this limitation and I do hope this integration is in the pipeline ASAP. The absence of "claims-awareness" in Exchange 2010, coupled with the lack of ADFS 2.0 proxy capability in products such as TMG/UAG 2010 represents a major integration headache for those trying to push unifed (cloud) access management based on a Microsoft platform. This sort of integration now relies on the use of other integrators such as Oracle/CA/IBM/ForgeRock etc thru Web Access Management solutions, a space where Microsoft, in spite of the brilliance of ADFS, are woefully behind. 

Regards,

Mylo

Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:21 PM