none
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Just to be sure. Did you migrate the users mailbox within the same domain/forest? Also why you don't use the powershell method to move mailboxes with the New-MoveRequest command?

Kind regards,

Bart Timmermans

Bart Timmermans | Technical Consultant at KPN Consulting
    Follow me @ My Blog| Linkedin| Twitter

Please mark as Answer, if my post answers your Question. Vote as Helpful, if it is helpful to you.

Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:51 AM
  • Hi,

We just mirgate a email from main domain to it's sub domain. we don't want to use moverequest, because we need to make sure all the email is ok and our email is very big size.

thank you

john

Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:27 AM
  • We had a similar issue with a linked mailbox yesterday. I used the Windows Active Directory Users and Computers Attribute Editor and changed the legacyExchangeDN, updated the offline address book, had the users remove the repcipient from the Outlook nickname cache. This worked.

Perhaps the X.500 proxy approach would be the best idea. I had not read that article before today.

When Legacies Are Baggage (Resolving the #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound error during Migration)
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/anthonw/archive/2008/11/07/when-legacies-are-baggage-resolving-the-550-5-1-1-resolver-adr-exrecipnotfound-error-during-migration.aspx

Exchange E-mail Addresses and the Outlook Address Cache
    http://www.simple-talk.com/sysadmin/exchange/exchange-e-mail-addresses-and-the-outlook-address-cache/

How to reset the nickname and the automatic completion caches in Outlook
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287623/en-us 

MCTS: Messaging | MCSE: S+M

• Marked as answer by Lee John Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:04 AM
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 7:47 AM
  • On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 03:41:43 +0000, Lee John wrote:

>
    >
    > Dear all ,
    >
    >
    >
    >I use two exchange server 2010. I move a Email account to another Exchanger server.
    >
    >Moving method:
    >
    >I download the email to loca pst and delete the old Email account and the create it on new Exchanger server.
    >
    >But, I found :
    >
    >The outlook 2007's cache records the olde mail value is Userc38e8cbf@ggaa.com.hk. The new value is user80e49503
    >
    >So, the user recieved the following error:
    >
    >IMCEAEX-_O=GGAA_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Userc38e8cbf@ggaa.com.sg
    >
    >#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
    >
    >Is it is possible to change this new value (user80e49503 )to the old value (Userc38e8cbf) on server. ( I can not delete the user's cache,because we have five hundreds staff) And how to change?

Your problem isn't the SMTP address, it's the legacyExchangeDN value.
    Add the value "/O=GGAA/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP
    (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=Userc38e8cbf" as an X500 address to
    the new mailbox's "Email Addresses" tab.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Gokul Gtr Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:43 AM
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:42 PM
  • Not sure if my issue is related, but same error message.

We have one user who is getting this message when they try to e-mail a CONTACT in our GAL. Others (including myself) are able to send e-mail to the contact with no trouble. Since it is a contact, there isn't a LegacyDN shown, so this fix won't work for us.

The exact error she gets is:

From: Microsoft Outlook Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 2:40 PM To: Sandy GUESS Subject: Undeliverable: Chuck

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

'GUESS, Stan - BKX' The e-mail address you entered couldn't be found. Please check the recipient's e-mail address and try to resend the message. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: KCEX1.KC.local

IMCEAEX-_O=KC_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=GUESS+2C+20Stan+20-+20BKX72f@KC.net #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:

Received: from KCEX1.KC.local ([fe80::edcf:e771:4c16:e8b6]) by  KCEX1.KC.local ([fe80::edcf:e771:4c16:e8b6%26]) with mapi id  14.01.0355.002; Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:39:51 -0500 Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat" Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary From: Sandy GUESS <SandyG@KC.net> To: "'GUESS, Stan - BKX'" <sGUESS@BKX.com> Subject: Chuck Thread-Topic: Chuck Thread-Index: Ac1EHAilcd5nhfnrRyGLcG+IlgghsA== Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:39:49 -0500 Message-ID: <72D563C3AAB93545BB493FDC017E0AA8A6D838@KCEX1.KC.local> Accept-Language: en-US Content-Language: en-US X-MS-Has-Attach: X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <72D563C3AAB93545BB493FDC017E0AA8A6D838@KCEX1.KC.local> MIME-Version: 1.0 X-Originating-IP: [172.20.2.70]

The result of a get-contact:

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>get-contact -Identity StanAGUESSBKX | fl

RunspaceId               : fffa0915-0472-40e5-b9f6-95f86d765c0a

OrganizationalUnit       : KC.local/BKXContacts

AssistantName            :

City                     :

Company                  : BKX

CountryOrRegion          :

Department               : EXECUTIVE-CORP

DirectReports            : {}

DisplayName              : GUESS, Stan - BKX

Fax                      :

FirstName                : Stan

HomePhone                :

Initials                 : A

LastName                 : GUESS

Manager                  :

MobilePhone              :

Notes                    : EXECUTIVE-CORP

Office                   : BKX Tower - 9 SE

OtherFax                 : {}

OtherHomePhone           : {}

OtherTelephone           : {}

Pager                    :

Phone                    : 928-543-6789

PhoneticDisplayName      :

PostalCode               :

PostOfficeBox            : {}

RecipientType            : MailContact

RecipientTypeDetails     : MailContact

SimpleDisplayName        :

StateOrProvince          :

StreetAddress            :

Title                    : PRESIDENT, President & Ceo

UMDialPlan               :

UMDtmfMap                : {reversedPhone:8886285839, emailAddress:759227437, lastNameFirstName:592274377826, firstName

LastName:782659227437}

AllowUMCallsFromNonUsers : SearchEnabled

WebPage                  :

TelephoneAssistant       :

WindowsEmailAddress      : sGUESS@BKX.com

UMCallingLineIds         : {}

SeniorityIndex           :

VoiceMailSettings        : {}

IsValid                  : True

ExchangeVersion          : 0.10 (14.0.100.0)

Name                     : GUESS, Stan - BKX

DistinguishedName        : CN=GUESS\, Stan - BKX,OU=BKXContacts,DC=KC,DC=local

Identity                 : KC.local/BKXContacts/GUESS, Stan - BKX

Guid                     : 63982cc4-3936-47f9-96fe-5a9e193df5ca

ObjectCategory           : KC.local/Configuration/Schema/Person

ObjectClass              : {top, person, organizationalPerson, contact}

WhenChanged              : 6/5/2012 3:47:04 PM

WhenCreated              : 6/5/2012 3:43:18 PM

WhenChangedUTC           : 6/5/2012 8:47:04 PM

WhenCreatedUTC           : 6/5/2012 8:43:18 PM

OrganizationId           :

OriginatingServer        : KCfs.KC.local

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>

(Contact/Company info has been modified in the above clips)

Any idea what's going on here?

• Proposed as answer by Gokul Gtr Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:43 AM
    Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:23 PM
  • There might have some changes on the mailbox of the user. You can try to compare the legacyExchangeDN to other users that not having issue like this. Use "Get-Mailbox -user | legacyExchangeDN " this command will display the legacyExchangeDN  and will tell you if the NDR and the user's legacyExchangeDN is same. If it is not, then there was changes on the mailbox. The reason why there are some user that can able to send email was their OAB was updated. Try update the OAB to user that getting NDR 550 5.1.1.

1. In you Exchange server, go to Mmicrosoft Exchange On-Premises>Organization Configuration>Mailbox> Offline Address Book> right click Default Offline Address List then hit Update.

2.In users that having issue to send email to recepient. Close the Oulook then locate "c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook"  find the extention file of .NK2, backup this file to other folder or create a new folder the sit it there. Open the Outlook, it  will automatically create a new .NK2. Try to send a new test email.

Monday, September 10, 2012 9:27 AM
  • Hi..

I'd also like to inform others, of another possible and yet simple solution to this fix.

I came across this error in Exchange 2007, where as my MD using Outlook 2010 sent a calender invite out, for some reason it came back with a bounce error message for a recipient that i have already removed from AD and also disconnected / deleted their mailbox by using the powershell command for it.

My Solution was, that recipient mentioned in the bounced error message was the PA to my MD. The MD setup DELEGATION on his Outlook 2010 client.

I simply removed that name from the listing and the error message went away

If my MD didnt mention he has DELEGATED setup, then i might not of came across the fix so quickly !

It appears the error message can relate to a number of meaning and solutions.

Monday, November 05, 2012 3:25 AM
  • This worked!  The mailbox and ADUC user was deleted and re-created.  Afterwards users were unable to email the user without a receiving a bounceback, even after deleting their cached address information from Outlook.  After I followed these steps it worked.

James

Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:41 PM