none
Exchange 2007 - Public Folders Permissions

Question

• Hello,

I have problem with Public Folders permissions. I have no problem when I set permission for a group but when I add new user in to this group the change for this user will apply after 2 - 4 hours. I tried to change cache refresh interval for Mailbox Information service, but without any change. 

How to force it?

Thank you, Petr

Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:25 AM

All replies

• If you restart the IS service this should force it, but this will mean a short outage.
    Sukh
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Yes, I know, but I cannot restart IS service in middle of the day and I need change permissions more then one per day.

But thank you for reply.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:28 PM
  • I have not experienced this before.  When permissions are applied they take effect immediatley.  Have you checked your AD replication?
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:47 PM
  • When permissions are applied they take effect immediatley.

Yes, also for me but if I applied permission for PF to group and after that I add user to this group I must wait for 2 - 4 hours, that take effect for this newly added user.

I have only two DC in same subnet (both GC), replication cannot be a problem.

Thank you for reply.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:59 PM
  • Then you will have to wait.

As a test, what if you have Outlook online mode and test?

Sukh
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:08 PM
  •  

No, then I will have to install Sharepoint server and stop using Public Folders : )

I tested with Exchange cached mode, without cached mode, in OWA and everywhere the same. As you say, problem is in Mailbox Information Service but I don't know how to change this type of cache that hangs group memberships.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:23 PM
  • sharepoint is the way to go from PF.

You say you configured this cache already ?  I know you can take it down to 15 mins.

Sukh
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:25 PM
  • Yes I configured these cache parameters: "Reread Logon Quotas Interval" - 15min, "Mailbox Cache Age Limit" - 15min and "CacheTTLUser" - 5 min but without any changes.
    • Edited by PetrSSS Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:32 PM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:31 PM