none
Can not connect to mail server on IPAD Air

Question

• We have serveral IPhone and IPAD deployed in our enviroment. All the Iphone and IPADs are able to access emails through Exchange on IPhones and Ipads except for two IPads. The two IPads we are having problem with get emails here and there but 80% of the time, the ipad air can't get mail. The error message state "Can not connect to mail server and it keep pop up. I have wipe the IPAD to factory default reset it up. I also make sure the Mobile devices are registering under the MailBox. I make sure the login credential are correct. Apple does not have an answer and they are blaming Microsoft. I contacted Microsoft and I have not heard from them. I thought I try this route> Thanks.
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Does the account add successfully or not at all?

Saturday, December 21, 2013 7:30 AM
  • But all other iPhones/iPads can connect fine - and retrieve email?

And these two iPads can *sometimes* (maybe 20% of the time?) get email?

When this happens, do they have normal connectivity to the Internet in general?

It's hard to believe it's an Exchange configuration problem based on the above (if exact).

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:11 PM
  • Hi,

From your description, I recommend you connect the specific two iPads to your Mailbox server with someone else's account.

If it works well, there is something wrong with these two account. If it can't work, there is something wrong with your iPads.

What's more, please check if these two accounts work well via OWA. If yes, the Exchange Server is ok.

Here is a thread for your reference.

can't connect account over iPad/iPhone to Exchange 2010

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/4248ff30-df53-44b5-b525-66c82cff12fe/cant-connect-account-over-ipadiphone-to-exchange-2010

Hope it helps.

If there are any problems with Exchange Server, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Amy

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 23, 2013 5:18 AM
  • Hello,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days. If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, December 29, 2013 7:12 AM