none
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F - "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection..."

Question

• Hi, 

Our users are using Windows terminal services to access their account and we have configured Windows Live Mail 2012 as mail client for Exchange (MS Exchange 2013). Now, from few days we are facing problem only with Windows Live Mail as when users are trying to send an email it says 

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F - "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection..."

I have checked by disabling Antivirus turned off and reconfiguring account but no luck.

Can someone please help me to fix this.

Thanks,

Manoj

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I suggest you configure outlook pop3/IMAP account to check if the issue occurs. If the issue doesn't occur in outlook, the windows live mail may be problem. I suggest you post your issue to windows live mail forum.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/email

If the outlook has the same issue, I suggest you use the get-receiveconnector "Client Frontend <server name>" | fl to check your Client Frontend <server name>receive connector settings.

The receive connector settings should be as the followings:

===================================================

1. Check "Transport Layer Security(TLS)"

2. Check "Basic Authentication" and "Offer Basic authentication only after starting TLS"

3. Check "Integrated Windows authentication"

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:22 AM
  • Hi Cara,

Thanks for your response.

The problem is only with Windows Live Mail. MS Outlook and other mail client are working fine.

I am posting it in Windows Live forum as you suggested.

Thanks,

Manoj

Thanks, Manoj

• Marked as answer by Manoj-Kumar Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:43 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I suggest you configure outlook pop3/IMAP account to check if the issue occurs. If the issue doesn't occur in outlook, the windows live mail may be problem. I suggest you post your issue to windows live mail forum.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/email

If the outlook has the same issue, I suggest you use the get-receiveconnector "Client Frontend <server name>" | fl to check your Client Frontend <server name>receive connector settings.

The receive connector settings should be as the followings:

===================================================

1. Check "Transport Layer Security(TLS)"

2. Check "Basic Authentication" and "Offer Basic authentication only after starting TLS"

3. Check "Integrated Windows authentication"

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:22 AM
  • Hi Cara,

Thanks for your response.

The problem is only with Windows Live Mail. MS Outlook and other mail client are working fine.

I am posting it in Windows Live forum as you suggested.

Thanks,

Manoj

Thanks, Manoj

• Marked as answer by Manoj-Kumar Tuesday, July 02, 2013 7:43 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:16 AM