none
Microsoft Exchange offline address book error 0x80190194

Question

• I am getting the error in my outlook synchronization log:   

10:25:16 Microsoft Exchange offline address book

10:25:16                0X80190194

We are using Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2007.  The result of this error is that if we make changes to the GAL and the users Outlook is in cashed mode, they do not see any of the changes.  This problem is effecting everyone who has outlook in cashed mode.  Any ideas on how to solve this?
    Friday, March 05, 2010 6:57 PM

All replies

• 
    Outlook 2007 can't download the OAB.  The first thing to check is whether you have enabled web distribution of the OAB.
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "frankber" wrote in message news:4713c280-be8b-4c05-b4f4-59fde0743651...
    I am getting the error in my outlook synchronization log:   

We are using Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2007.  The result of this error is that if we make changes to the GAL and the users Outlook is in cashed mode, they do not see any of the changes.  This problem is effecting everyone who has outlook in cashed mode.  Any ideas on how to solve this?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Friday, March 05, 2010 7:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Monday, March 15, 2010 2:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by frankber Monday, March 15, 2010 7:53 PM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:28 AM
  • Hi Frank,

I am not sure if the issue is resolved or not. However let me recommend some steps which would help us in resolving the issue:
    1) Under Default Web Site in IIS, click on OAB
    2) If Win2003(IIS 6) go to properties and HTTP headers,if Win2008(IIS7) open the HTTP headers option.
    3) Here click on Mime types and check whether we have the LZX format listed.
    4) If yes you can ignore the steps, if not present then we need to create the new extension for LZX.
    5) Extension: .lzx
        MIME TYPE: application/octet-stream
    6) Perform IISRESET

HOPE this resolves our issue!!!!
    Waiting for an update 
    • Proposed as answer by ExchangeAdmin_CSI Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Monday, March 15, 2010 2:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by frankber Monday, March 15, 2010 7:53 PM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:25 PM
  • ExchangeAdmin, you are an absolute legend mate. Been banging my head against the proverbial brick wall all day, tried every trick on the net to no avail. Your neat little tip fixed up my issue!

Thanks heaps dude!

Friday, April 23, 2010 10:40 AM
  • ExchangeAdmin, you are an absolute legend mate. Been banging my head against the proverbial brick wall all day, tried every trick on the net to no avail. Your neat little tip fixed up my issue!

Thanks heaps dude!

Hi all,

We've got the same error on every client computer in our domain, but the steps described above does not resolve the issue. Does anyone can give another solution? I think it has something to do with the certificates which are recently updated...

Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:43 AM

Thanks heaps dude!

Hi all,

We've got the same error on every client computer in our domain, but the steps described above does not resolve the issue. Does anyone can give another solution? I think it has something to do with the certificates which are recently updated...

Does anyone has a solution for this issue?

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:18 PM
  • Dear all,

i have the same error and do not find any solution. Have anyone a idea for this case ?

Is there somewhere a "Howto check if OAB is correct setup" ?

18:02:38 Microsoft Exchange-Offlineadressbuch

18:02:38               0X80190194

I already created new Adressbook - i think as much i do i make it maybe more worse ;(

Thank you in advance

Teleabbi

• Proposed as answer by TELEABBI Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:20 AM
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:02 PM
  • Hi everybody

During the Game Arsenal vs. Barcelona (2:1) yesterday i fighted agains Exchange and get it solved.

The Message 0X80190194 told me nothing. All above solutions i did but no Result-

My solution on this case:

1. Create a new Offline adressbook ( with Web and Public Folder )

2. Check this Addressbook visible

* Check that the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ExchangeOAB is creating a OAB ==> 7c3aa647-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-07XXXXXXXc2

3. with Powershell replicate the OAB: Update-FileDistributionService <YOURSERVER.YOURDOMAIN> -type oab

* Check that the OAB is replicated to this folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V1\ClientAccess\OAB\7c3aa647-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-07XXXXXXXc2 ===> OAB IS NOW DONE ! Now lets move to the client:

1. open CMD.EXE and start BITSADMIN C:\Users\teleabbi>bitsadmin /list /verbose

2. Check the error message: In my case the error was "Authentication error"

3. I found a article for this error - http://www.microsoftnow.com/2009/01/outlook-prompting-for-credentials-when.html

3.1 OPEN IIS-Manager

3.2 click on Default Web Site - Feature View - Authentication

3.3 Ensure that Anonymous is activates - Rest should be disabled

3.4 Enable "Windows Authentication", after this click Advanced

3.5 Check uncheck the Kerberos box... ->>> Click OK (it must be unchecked ! )

3.6 Disable Windows Authentication ==> DO a IISRESET ( cmd.exe - IISRESET )

I hope this helps you all too.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:44 AM
  • Hello guys.

I had the same problem, but I solved when I included all CAS server in OAB Distribution Properties. Like this article (http://smtp25.blogspot.com/2010/10/microsoft-exchange-server-reported.html)

I hope this helps you.

See you soon.

Roberto.

Friday, June 03, 2011 6:38 PM
  • This worked! All I had to do was the first three steps:

Create a new OAB > set it to default > replicate.

Thank you Teleabbi!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:48 PM
  • I have also been banging my head against the wall, excepts I've been hitting it much harder than other people on this forum.  Never would have thought the only problem was to add the .lzx mime type.  Never would have figured that out.  You rock, thanks ExchangeAdmin_CSI!!! 

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 4:25 PM
  • ExchangeAdmin_CSI - you've solved a problem that has haunted us for weeks. Now, could you please tell me WHY your solution works??? It seems like something MS should have had configured by default? 
    Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:51 PM
  • no in windows 2008  HTTP headers option

2) If Win2003(IIS 6) go to properties and HTTP headers,if Win2008(IIS7) open the HTTP headers option.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:14 AM
  • I am getting the error in my outlook synchronization log:   

Powershell Command; and fix :)

1. Set-EventLogLevel -Identity "MSExchangeSA\OAL Generator" -Level medium
    3. Update-GlobalAddressList -id "Default Global Address List"
    5. Update-OfflineAddressBook -id "OAB-NAME"
    7. Get-ClientAccessServer | Update-FileDistributionService -type oab
    9. Set-EventLogLevel -Identity "MSExchangeSA\OAL Generator" -Level lowest

Mustafa Kaşıkcı - http://mustafakasikci.com/

Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:45 AM
  • On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:45:02 +0000, Mustafa Ka??kc? wrote:

>I am getting the error in my outlook synchronization log:
    >
    >10:25:16 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
    >
    >10:25:16 0X80190194 We are using Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2007. The result of this error is that if we make changes to the GAL and the users Outlook is in cashed mode, they do not see any of the changes. This problem is effecting everyone who has outlook in cashed mode. Any ideas on how to solve this?
    >
    >
    >
    >Powershell Command; and fix :) 1. Set-EventLogLevel -Identity "MSExchangeSA\OAL Generator" -Level medium2. 3. Update-GlobalAddressList -id "Default Global Address List"4. 5. Update-OfflineAddressBook -id "OAB-NAME"6. 7. Get-ClientAccessServer | Update-FileDistributionService -type oab8. 9. Set-EventLogLevel -Identity "MSExchangeSA\OAL Generator" -Level lowest

Try this:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dgoldman/archive/2006/11/27/error-0x80190194-when-using-an-outlook-2007-client-to-download-a-web-distribution-enabled-oab.aspx

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:01 PM