none
"the message or signature supplied for verification has been altered"

Question

• When i try to update a database copy from 1 server to another i get the error below. I've got 6 DBs in this DAG, and this is the only one creating the error; it also happens to be the largest DB at about 100gb.

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Elapsed time: 00:00:31

Database Name

Failed

Error:

A server-side seed operation has failed. Error: An error occurred while performing the seed operation, which may indicate a problem with the source disk. Error: An error occurred while attempting to access remote resources. Error: An error occurred while communicating with server 'Server1'. Apparent network timeouts may also be caused by unresponsive servers or storage. Error: The read operation failed, see inner exception. 

An error occurred while attempting to access remote resources. Error: An error occurred while communicating with server 'Server1'. Apparent network timeouts may also be caused by unresponsive servers or storage. Error: The read operation failed, see inner exception.

The read operation failed, see inner exception.

The message or signature supplied for verification has been altered

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:

update-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity 'Database\server2' -DeleteExistingFiles -Network $null

Elapsed Time: 00:00:31

http://exchangedeepthoughts.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 7:01 PM

All replies

• Have you seen KB 969083?

Server1 is the one that will contain the passive database copy?

What’s the round-trip network latency between the source and the target? It can’t be more than 250 ms

Please check if there’s any related event in the application log on the exchange servers

Please increase the diagnostic logging level for replication service on the source and the target, reproduce the issue, and then monitor the events

James Luo
    TechNet Subscriber Support (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx)
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
    Monday, August 02, 2010 6:19 AM