none
OWA forcing Lite on various machines

    Question

  • Hello,

    Here is my issue.  Accessing OWA from Lan using different browsers.  IE7,IE8 and IE9 and Different OS's  XP and Win7.  Forcing OWA lite.  Same computers with Firefox works fine ,get OWA Premium.  I thought that maybe the internal webfilter may have something to do with it but it works on 25% of the other computers just fine.  about 75% of the machines are forcing Lite.  I tried to access other OWA websites from those machines that i know work just fine.  Same issue forcing lite.  I think the only common factor may possibly be a windows update or IE update.   Tried taking computer forcing OWA lite and bypass webfilter and connect directly to ISP - Same issue forcing lite so that takes the webfilter completely out of the mix.  This is only happening with Exchange 2010 OWA.  Exchange 2007 works fine on all PC's.  Firefox works fine on all machines.  Reset IE setting back to defaults.  Same issue OWA Lite.  tried creating new profile.  Same issue OWA lite with IE versions.  I'm at a complete loss.  PLEASE HELP!!!   :)

    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:31 AM

Answers

  •  Well i got it figured out.  After 4 hours on Support with MS the following Reg Key was set on about 200 pcs give or take 25.

    RESOLUTION

    ============

    + We found "Platform" and "Version" string values created under the affected workstation in the below path.

        HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\

    + Deleted the string and issue got resolved.


    Jpyzowski -- PC Works Plus

    • Marked as answer by Frank.Wang Monday, April 02, 2012 2:06 AM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 7:46 PM

All replies

  • Do you have the "blind and low vision experience" enabled?

    http://www.expta.com/2010/08/fix-for-owa-always-using-light-mode-for.html


    Thank you, Ibrahim Benna MCSA+Messaging, MCSE+Messaging,MCITP, MCT, MVP "Did you backup your Information Store Today?!"

    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:10 PM
  •  No it is not checked.  I checked various PC's just to make sure.  This is a real puzzler.  I might just have to call MS Support.

    Also, on the machines forcing Lite mode, it doesn't matter what user i'm using.  I even try going to an OWA site for another client and it forces that into Lite mode as well.  It has to be Patch\Hotfix  related or some obsure setting causing it.


    Jpyzowski -- PC Works Plus


    Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:28 AM
  • Also, on the machines forcing Lite mode, it doesn't matter what user i'm using. 

    Hi Jpyzowski,

    On the other hand, on the working client(25%), it works for all users?

    Do all users connect to same CAS server?

    Though it works for Firefox, it still worth checking the OWA mailbox policy.

    Understanding Outlook Web App Mailbox Policies

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335142.aspx


    Frank Wang

    TechNet Community Support

    Friday, March 30, 2012 3:37 AM
  •  Well i got it figured out.  After 4 hours on Support with MS the following Reg Key was set on about 200 pcs give or take 25.

    RESOLUTION

    ============

    + We found "Platform" and "Version" string values created under the affected workstation in the below path.

        HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\

    + Deleted the string and issue got resolved.


    Jpyzowski -- PC Works Plus

    • Marked as answer by Frank.Wang Monday, April 02, 2012 2:06 AM
    Friday, March 30, 2012 7:46 PM
  • Hi Jpyzowski,

    Thanks for sharing.


    Frank Wang

    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, April 02, 2012 2:06 AM