none
Outlook exchange mail sending VERY slow

Question

• I only have an issue on my laptops with my exchange account being ANY email, not just large attachments are increadibly slow & hangs outlook for a good 10mins before i can use it again which is very frustrating.

any ideas/thoughts?

Saturday, May 04, 2013 3:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What about if you logon your mailbox account in another computer and try to send email?

If the hang issue only occurs in one Outlook clients, it might be caused by client side issue, like anti-virus, third party addins, unstable network connection, or broken profile.

I would suggest you temp remove the anti-virus application ,  create a new Windows Profile and then try again. If the issue continues, please feel free to post the question in Outlook ITPro forum for better suggestion. Your understanding would be appreciated.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 06, 2013 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of Exchange Server you're using? Is it affected for all the users or only single user?

If its for all the users, It's for Internal email or External Email?

If its Internal Email, Have you checked the message tracking logs why that delay happening?

Get-Transportserver | Get-Messagetrackinglog -Sender "SenderName" -Recipients "Recipient Name"

If its single user, have you checked in OWA?

Regards

Ganga Enterprise Messaging Administrator-Exchange 2010. Windows 2008 Active Directory Configuring.

Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:22 AM
  • Hi,

What about if you logon your mailbox account in another computer and try to send email?

If the hang issue only occurs in one Outlook clients, it might be caused by client side issue, like anti-virus, third party addins, unstable network connection, or broken profile.

I would suggest you temp remove the anti-virus application ,  create a new Windows Profile and then try again. If the issue continues, please feel free to post the question in Outlook ITPro forum for better suggestion. Your understanding would be appreciated.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 06, 2013 9:07 AM
  • Do you have a link in your signature? Have you tried from another computer? Any add-ins? 
    Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:56 PM