none
how can I extract mailboxes from .edb files?

Question

• I have many .edb files and need to extract mailboxes and emails from them, Please help?
    Monday, April 23, 2007 1:35 PM

All replies

• hey.. alot of good tools,

one utility from microsoft is "exmerge.exe"

or use other office recovery tools and what is the scenarios of the issue?

Monday, April 23, 2007 2:26 PM
  • Old Exchange server got killed by an idiot

Had to do full reload and cannot mount the old .edb files

all I have is .edb files and .log files

need 2 extract all emails in these and exmerge will not do so.

No backups to restore from except my priv1.edb file and its log's , Due to fresh/full reload exchange sees this as a new server.

I can find plenty tools to do this but the pricing is obviously designed for the extermely desperate in the USA as I could buy a brand new pc for the same price as a once off job I need done.

Microsoft confuse me on this as all the demo's I have tried (3rd party tools) can and do show me all my user mailboxes whilst they insist its impossible to do the way I plan to.

Monday, April 23, 2007 2:44 PM
  • I would have thought that when 1 does a search for .edb recovery and get 361,000 replies  microsoft would have by now see this as an actual problem???

and paying the equivalent of my monthly groceries for a telephone call is pure insanity.

Time I go back 2 linux.

Monday, April 23, 2007 3:23 PM
  •  

i see that the classic problem,

look at your problem if you have the .edb and .log or from the backup

restore both to altertive dir, now you want extract the mailbox

use Office Recovery for Exchange Server to do so,

or you want to mount the edb to the exchange

the first you need use isinteg.exe for integrity fix then the eseutil.exe

please see the parameter with /?

i have use to the both tool the fix the exchange for my customers...its work

Monday, April 23, 2007 4:45 PM
  • The Office recovery for exchange program costs the same as an entire computer. I do not have that type of cash to waste on a once off use.
    Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:20 AM
  •  

Hey, sean you can find out the Tools

select ms util or the third-party tools

MS Tools

-1.Exmerge, 2. ESEutil and isinteg

3rd Party Tools

1.Office Recovery 2. Ontrack Powercontrol

cheers!.
    Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:26 AM
  • Don't Worry about it.

I fixed my problems without having microsoft money blackhole suck me dry

without having 2 buy any "3rd party programs"

infact without any help from microsoft or any of its other "3rd party" associates getting any cash out of me

100% legally

100% free

and 100% certain that at the first oppourtunity I will be converting all my pc's and servers at work to linux.

Thanks 4 the nitemares microsoft and please stop sucking people dry, you have enough money already!

Sunday, April 29, 2007 3:32 PM
  •  

I've got the same problem - I'd be extremely grateful if you could let me know how you fixed it?

Cheers

Monday, April 30, 2007 9:23 AM
  •  

Hi Sean,

I seem to have the same problem. I dont supose that you would be willing to share your fix?

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Lamb

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 1:54 PM
  • Loaded an old backup which the exchange server software exmerge etc all told me was corrupt and would not let me work with (it was however mounting). Went to a client pc, logged in with each user name, backed up 2 pst.

Hope that helps, If not see u on the linux forums.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:52 AM
  • I used Migra EDB Extract services to extract exchange mailboxes to Outlook. They provided timely & supportive services.

Avail EDB Extraction Services at http://www.edbextract.com

All the best. Hope you will also find there services effective.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:36 AM
  • Axel since you work for Stellar I am not surprised you rave about the tool.  No harm of course in saying you have a great tool, but truly bad form when you pose as a client.
    Troy Werelius
    www.Lucid8.com
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:27 PM
  • I would suggest Ontrack. I have used it several times and all you have to do is point to the edb and export to pst.
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:05 AM
  • what about Recovery Storage Group for Exchange 2007?
    Friday, October 15, 2010 6:53 PM
  • Hi Axel,

Thanks for suggesting this edb repair tool. It is really amazing and fantastic tool to repair corrupt exchange database files.

Monday, November 29, 2010 5:15 PM
  • You can use RSG to restore the files. Once restored, you can use a client to obtain data.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:19 PM
  • It's probably a little bit late for the original author of this question (5 years too late.. heh..) but I found the article below which matches the reported problem, that is if you were looking to get it operational again with Exchange.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Recovering-Failed-Exchange-2003-Member-Server-Using-Disaster-Recovery-Switch.html

Saturday, February 18, 2012 10:34 AM
  • Hello SeanMB,

It seems that your data gets victim of some unwanted threats due to which you are unable to open mailbox files and want to extract mailboxes from .edb files. To overcome such problems, users have the option to use various tools, available in the market.  In this regard, here I would like to point out a very special tool which can help you in this matter certainly, i.e. EDB to PST tool. This tool has the potential to extract mailboxes from .edb files ever in high corruption issues and as well gives the option to users to save the files into PST format. Free version of the tool is also available to check the software potential and relevancy. Check out this link http://www.edbtopst.org/ to convert EDB to PST files to get desired result.

Sean, I hope this solution is capable enough to sort out your problem.

• Edited by jackchan151 Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:18 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:18 AM
  • Hi SeanMB,

Few months ago i had same problem but i fixed that problem by used Enstella EDB Extract software. So i truly say that it is a superb solution for EDB mailbox extraction process. For my sake you should try this at once for solving your extraction problem.

for more info go ahead with this given link-   http://www.extractedbfile.com/

Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:37 AM
  • Microsoft provides some free utilities, named as Eseutil.exe, Exmerge.exe and Export-Mailbox. These tools convert EDB to PST and extract the user mailboxes in .PST file format. However in case of severely corruption, these tools may fails. The best way to handle this situation is using some advanced third party EDB to PST Converter software. You can use Free Trial version for extracting edb  mailboxes.

http://www.edbtopst-converter.com/how-to-extract-edb-to-pst.html
    Friday, August 23, 2013 10:27 AM
  • Exchange Server is an email recovery software which recovers inaccessible and deleted emails from MS Exchange Server database files and
    convert edb to pst file. The edb recovery software efficiently converts .EDB files to working .PST files through which emails of MS Exchange Server can be viewed with Microsoft Outlook email client.
    For more information exchangerecoverytool.webs.com
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:39 PM
  • I have many .edb files and need to extract mailboxes and emails from them, Please help?

If your EDB file of Exchange Server Database has been damaged due to an error, then to get rid of this situation you should try to use a perfect EDB to PST conversion tool. There are several software available Exchange Server Recovery that can easily repair and convert EDB file to PST file within few click. For more details visit http://email-converter-tool.blogspot.in
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:47 PM
  • If you are using Exchange 2003, then you can use Exmerge to export EDB file to PST and if you are using Exchange 2007,2010 or 2013, then you can use powershell scripts (ExportMailboxRequest & New-ExportMailboxRequest cmdlets) to export EDB file to PST file. But if these methods fails to export EDT to PST, then you are not left with any other option other than using third party converters like Stellar EDB to PST converter, PCVita Converter, Datanumen converter. All of these tools are good but out of these, I have used EDB to PST converter by Stellar. You can try other converters as well and choose the one which meets your expectations:

http://www.stellarinfo.com/email-repair/edb-pst-converter.php
    http://pcvita-edb-converter.software.informer.com/
    Sunday, July 20, 2014 6:48 AM