none
exchange server 2010 event id error 9217

Question

• getting frequently event id 9217 error on exchnage server 2010

One of the recipients resolved to multiple addresses; therefore, the message will be deferred. Review the event description, and correct the recipient configuration.

how to resolve that. any help wouldbe useful. 

Regards,

sarath

Friday, November 04, 2011 1:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Increase the Recipient Resolution Logging from the EdgeTransport.exe.config application configuration file.

Recipient resolution logging is controlled by the ResolverLogLevel parameter in the EdgeTransport.exe.config application configuration file. The valid values for this parameter are Disabled, Enabled, and FullContent. The default value is Disabled. When the ResolverLogLevel parameter is set to Enabled, only message envelope data is logged. When the ResolverLogLevel parameter is set to FullContent, message envelope data and message header data is logged.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb430743.aspx

Jasjit Singh Dhindsa | ITIL v3 | IASA Foundation Certified | MCITP:EMA Exchange 2010/2007 | MCTS:OCS 2007 | Exchange 2010/2007 | MCSA:Messaging/Security | MCSE:Messaging/Security
    Friday, November 04, 2011 1:54 PM
  • Hi jasjit,

my current setup is 2 mailbox server 2010 and 2 hub and cas server 2010.we donot have edge transport server.

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        MSExchangeTransport
    Date:          03/11/2011 15:07:13
    Event ID:      9217
    Task Category: Categorizer
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      majorite
    Description:
    More than one Active Directory object is configured with the recipient address IMCEAEX-ADCDisabledMail@domain.org. Messages to this recipient will be deferred until the configuration is corrected in Active Directory.

Friday, November 04, 2011 3:56 PM
  •  Hi jasjit,

my current of exchange server 2010 setup is  2 mailbox server with dag configuration and 2 HUB and CAS server with NLB cluster. recently i am getting this 9217 error on 2 hub transport servers event viwer.

thanks in advance

Regards,

sarath.P

Friday, November 04, 2011 3:58 PM
  • Run the command

Get-Mailbox -resultsize unlimited | where{$_.proxyaddress -eq  IMCEAEX-ADCDisabledMail@domain.org}

Jasjit Singh Dhindsa | ITIL v3 | IASA Foundation Certified | MCITP:EMA Exchange 2010/2007 | MCTS:OCS 2007 | Exchange 2010/2007 | MCSA:Messaging/Security | MCSE:Messaging/Security
    Friday, November 04, 2011 4:00 PM
  • Hi jasjit,

my current of exchange server 2010 setup is  2 mailbox server with dag configuration and 2 HUB and CAS server with NLB cluster. recently i am getting this 9217 error on 2 hub transport servers event viwer.

kindly send the solution step by step

Regards,

sarath

Friday, November 04, 2011 4:00 PM
  • The issue is discussed here

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrtransport/thread/52cdf555-902b-458a-8eab-697d3ad1bfe5/

Use LDP.exe (or CSVDE) and the LDAP query
    "proxyaddresses=smtp:IMCEAEX-ADCDisabledMail@domain.org"
    If you want to use poweshell, something like this should work:
    Get-Recipient -resultsize unlimited | foreach {foreach ($adr in
    $_.emailaddresses) {if ($adr.smtpaddress -eq
    'IMCEAEX-ADCDisabledMail@domain.org'){write-host $_.name}}}

Friday, November 04, 2011 4:02 PM