none
Export to PST file ended with error: The WinRM client cannot complete the operation within the time specified. Exchange 2010 RTM

Question

• Hi,

I am using Exchange 2010 version: 14.00.0639.021

From Exchange Shell when i tried to export a PST of a user, it started and i could see it processing the mails and around 90% it just failed and displayed this error:

I ran the command on the Exchange itself

[PS] C:\> Export-Mailbox -Identity mailboxUser01 -PSTFolderPath c:\abc.pst

Processing data from remote server failed with the following error message: The WinRM client cannot complete the operation within the time specified. Check if the machine name is valid and is reachable over the network and firewall exception for Windows Remote Management service is enabled. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (System.Manageme...pressionSyncJob:PSInvokeExpressionSyncJob) [], PSRemotingTransportException

How to fix it. and what to look for. Thanks

Although it created the PST, it is 2 GB short hence at the end of the Export it just failed.
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:03 PM

Answers

• Thanks guys for the help and advice.

I am planning to upgrade soon.

but the second time i used the command, it worked without any error. Dont know what happened the first time.

Thank you.

Monday, February 27, 2012 11:31 PM

All replies

• To be honest I'd upgrade to SP2 and test again.

Sukh

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:12 PM
  • Hi

Perhaps you can try the command New-MailboxExportRequest, the sample command should be

New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox AylaKol -FilePath "\\SERVER01\PSTFileShare\Ayla_Recovered.pst"

Please refer to

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607299.aspx 

Cheers

Zi Feng

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 24, 2012 6:16 AM
  • Thanks guys for the help and advice.

I am planning to upgrade soon.

but the second time i used the command, it worked without any error. Dont know what happened the first time.

Thank you.

Monday, February 27, 2012 11:31 PM
  • I'd still upgrade to SP2 at least, there have been many changes, also, RTM isn't supported anymore, should you have an issue you may not be supported.

Sukh

Monday, February 27, 2012 11:33 PM