none
running multiple anti-virus programs

Question

• Is it bad for my computer (Windows 7) to run more than one anti-virus program?? 
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 4:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

eventhough this is not a right place to post this question here,..

let me just answer you, like you mentioned its absolutely bad.. (due to Processor and Memory utilization and may cause other issues too)

have you tried installing both AV progarns?? most of the times a AV program which is already runing wont allow to install another AV..

also its not required.. please select one out of them which you feel best.

Hari
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 4:58 AM
  • Just Adding to the conversation.

When one tries to use more than one anti virus is the time when that person is not convenced by the ANTI VIRUS capablities.
    just want to point you Towards an ANTIVIRUS which people around the world have been using and giving excellent feedback to Microsoft and YES ITS FREE :)

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 5:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

eventhough this is not a right place to post this question here,..

let me just answer you, like you mentioned its absolutely bad.. (due to Processor and Memory utilization and may cause other issues too)

have you tried installing both AV progarns?? most of the times a AV program which is already runing wont allow to install another AV..

also its not required.. please select one out of them which you feel best.

Hari
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 4:58 AM
  • Just Adding to the conversation.

When one tries to use more than one anti virus is the time when that person is not convenced by the ANTI VIRUS capablities.
    just want to point you Towards an ANTIVIRUS which people around the world have been using and giving excellent feedback to Microsoft and YES ITS FREE :)

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 5:12 AM