none
Truncated email message

Question

• I have a user with Windows XP running Outlook 2007 in cached exchange mode.  Lately some of his emails are getting truncated in Outlook.  When he views the same message in OWA or on his BB, the message is not cut off.  We are running Exchange 2007.  I tried deleting his ost and rebuilding it but the problem resurfaced.  Thank you.
    Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:53 PM

Answers

• Consider recreating his Outlook profile.  If that doesn't work, try removing and reinstalling Outlook.  If that doesn't work, reimage the computer.  Those are steps I would take before calling Microsoft Support.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Proposed as answer by Castinlu Monday, March 12, 2012 5:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Castinlu Sunday, March 18, 2012 4:45 AM
    Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:40 PM

All replies

• Is the message truncated if he looks at it with OWA?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:26 PM
  • Hi Ed,

No the message is  not truncated in Outlook, and his delegate sees the full message.  ?

Jacquie K.

I meant it is not truncated in OWA, and his delegate sees the full message.
    • Edited by Jacquie K Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:14 PM
    Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:28 PM
  • Consider recreating his Outlook profile.  If that doesn't work, try removing and reinstalling Outlook.  If that doesn't work, reimage the computer.  Those are steps I would take before calling Microsoft Support.

• Proposed as answer by Castinlu Monday, March 12, 2012 5:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Castinlu Sunday, March 18, 2012 4:45 AM
    Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:40 PM
  • Ok, I will try your suggestions.   Thank you.

Jacquie K.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 6:03 PM
  • hi,

>>>I meant it is not truncated in OWA, and his delegate sees the full message.

Where his delegate see the full message,owa or outlook? My understand is in owa.

It seems that it is your outlook problem because the owa is ok.

My suggestion is first try to update your outlook to the lastest.

hope can help you

thanks,

CastinLu

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Castinlu Friday, March 09, 2012 7:55 AM
    Friday, March 09, 2012 7:21 AM
  • Thank you for your response. The delegate is able to view in the client, the delegatee is able to veiw in OWA.  When I can get the laptop, I am going to try the suggestions submitted by EC. Thanks.

Jacquie K.

Friday, March 09, 2012 1:33 PM
  • Jacquie, As you mentioned on OWA and BB everythings good  then Can you test and verify while telling user or creating user outlook profile on some other machine  ? If that works then you can reinstall/ repair the OUTLOOK on the windows XP box.

As suggested by ED if that does not work then suggest you to move that user mailbox from one DB to another. Pls post your results . thanks

• Edited by amit79 Friday, March 09, 2012 2:53 PM
    Friday, March 09, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Hi!

While waiting to get the laptop, I was able to login as the user and bring down a new mailfile, the email was displayed in its entirety. When I did get the laptop I was under a time constraint, so I renamed the ost and brought down another. This is the first occurrence (reported) and has been sporadic with no commonality, we are hoping for a reoccurrence to better understand what is happening, we still don't have a cause.  Thanks for your help.

Jacquie K.

Friday, March 09, 2012 5:26 PM