none
Problem with Sending Email ?

Question

•  

Hi, all fellows,

Please help/guide me how can I fix this problem.
    I am using win xp, Outlook Express v6.
    Receiving all emails working perfect. But,
    When I try to send an email this message appear,

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'javaid.iqbal@ptcl.net.pk'. Subject 'test', Account: 'javaid.iqbal@ptcl.net.pk', Server: 'smtp.ptcl.net.pk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

&

The server responded with an error. Account: 'javaid.iqbal@ptcl.net.pk', Server: 'mail.ptcl.net.pk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR This site is not enabled on the server.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

Plz guide me briefly/step by step how can I fix it.?
    I be really thankful.
    Regards With regards.
    Monday, March 24, 2008 5:45 AM

All replies

•  

Hi.

I think there is something wrong with autentication. Are you using an external mail server? In that case have you checked what port number you should use for smtp?? Sometimes they change port number and you have to change the port on your client. Or maybe the require SSL based communications.

OHM

Monday, March 24, 2008 8:57 PM
  • There should be some setting problems.

Try the following steps and see whether it can help:

1.open your Express

2.click Tools-Option(or might be Tools-Email Accounts-Change, I forgot it)

3.There should be a choice of :My outgoing server requiers authentication, chose it and apply

4.Restart your Express

Try and see whether it helps, good luck.
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:24 AM
  • Dear abslut,

Great answer! That was exactly what was wrong!

Thanks!
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:12 AM