none
how to set default mailbox size for all mailboxes in exchange 2010

Question

• hi,

we have exchange 2010 environment migrating from ex2003, wouldlike to know how to set default size limit for all mailboxes in exchange 2010 environment.

fyi-- i have tried running this command but it showing the size limit at database level is been set but when i see the mailbox properties, the mailbox size is still showing manual one and default check box is showing unchecked.

sumavardhan reddy
    • Moved by Alexander Burton [MVP]MVP Friday, April 15, 2011 5:57 AM Exchange Question (From:Project Server - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:59 PM

Answers

• Hi
       You can read this article and run cmdlet to achieve your aim.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 18, 2011 1:30 AM

All replies

• I suggest to reask your question at any on the forums on http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/exchangeserver. This forum is dedicated for questions regarding Project Server.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:30 PM
  • Hi
       You can also configure storage quotas at the mailbox database level. The quotas that you configure for a mailbox database apply to all mailboxes in that database, unless the mailbox is configured not to use mailbox database defaults. Generally, it's a best practice to configure storage quotas at the mailbox database level and use the mailbox level configuration only for exceptions. For detailed steps about how to configure storage quotas for a mailbox database, see Configure Mailbox Database Properties.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 15, 2011 9:42 AM
  • Hi ,I have applied the default size limit at database level, but the default limit is not applied to mailboxes, it is still showing a manual one on the users mailbox properties.
    sumavardhan reddy
    Friday, April 15, 2011 1:20 PM
  • Hi
       You can read this article and run cmdlet to achieve your aim.

Monday, April 18, 2011 1:30 AM
  • Thanks it worked,
    sumavardhan reddy
    Monday, April 18, 2011 1:57 PM