none
old emails are missing from sent items

Question

• hi,

i have a user on my organization that searched for his sent items from July, 2010.

the lest email on her sent items is from november, 2010.

she got auto archive to pst, but it shows only her inbox archived emails and nothing on the sent mail.

her computer crashed a few days ago and we did system restore.

could it be the reason for the disapearing of the emails?

could there be any more explanation to that? i didnt see anything in the deleted items or the "recover deleted items"..

is there a way to bring them back?

thank u :)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:09 AM

Answers

• Hi
       It seems to be error of outlook archieve email.  
       You can post version of outlook and copy this thread to professional outlook forum.
       http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:18 AM

All replies

• This is an Exchange Server forum.  Is Exchange Server involved in this question?  If the e-mail messages were stored in a PST, then if they're no longer in the PST and you don't have a backup of the PST, you've just learned reason number 32 why it's not good to use PSTs.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:10 AM
  • Hi
       It seems to be error of outlook archieve email.  
       You can post version of outlook and copy this thread to professional outlook forum.
       http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:18 AM