none
Task ‘Microsoft Exchange Server’ reported error (0x8004010F): ‘The operation failed. An object could not be found.’

    Question

  • Hai Techies,

     

    I would like to address you one problem i am facing in my exchnage 2007 Test Envirionment.The Issue starts like this Recently i installed the exchnage 2007 in my windows 2003 DC Box.after the installation the OWA Is working Perfect for me.then i tried to start cofiguring the Microsoft Outlook Express.it started to showing the problem ........ I am really worried about it ...i started to google for a solution .....many guys give me a lot of solution but the Issue is still in the box.the error is like this

     

    Task ‘Microsoft Exchange Server’ reported error (0x8004010F): ‘The operation failed.  An object could not be found.’

     

     

    Maa Please Help Me on this

    Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:54 AM

All replies

  • The error is very common for OL but not OLEX, it's related to OAB issue in most time.

    Please identify the following info for better troubleshooting:

    1.       OLEX client's version, client pc's OS version

    2.       Was OL client also installed on client pc?

    3.       Which troubleshooting steps did you attempt? so I can avoid to give those solutions which you'd already tried  

     

    Basic troubleshooting:

    1.       try to set up OL for testing

    2.       Also focus to diagnose your OAB as it's the most common cause.

    Notes: the link is the help guide about OAB issue on ex2k7 environment.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb331952(EXCHG.80).aspx 

     

    Friday, May 16, 2008 10:41 AM
  • Hi,
      I saw this post when attempting to add mine.  My issue is the same error message but this only happens to 2 PC out of 50 running MS Outlook.

    "! Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server reported error (0x8004010f): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'"

    I have tried running the command and the other statements at the post below.  I'm not sure what else to do.  These customers can send and receive fine but they get this error message every time and are really starting to get upset.

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/Q_24389105.html#a24425108
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:49 PM
  • Hello,

    I will still recommend you what James suggested

    But be more specific please describe your environment little bit more, like how many exchange server, do you have legacy exchange server? do you have outlook 2003 or 2007 clients?, do you have public folder etc.

    To give me a quick workaround, lets create a new OAB and assign that to a mailbox store where we can test.


    and i would suggest you to check this blog also.

    Generating a newly created Offline Address Book fails with Event ID's 9331 and 9335
    http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/10/15/generating-a-newly-created-offline-address-book-fails-with-errors-9331-and-9335.aspx
    Arun Kumar | MCSE - 2K3 + Messaging | ITIL-F V3
    • Proposed as answer by Mumin CICEK Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:57 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:44 PM
  • hi,

    an addition to Arun,

    when you create new OAB and assign it to a mailbox store then on the outlook side download the address book.

    in outlook go Tools - Send/Recieve - Download address book.

    regards,


    Mumin CICEK | Exchange - MVP | www.cozumpark.com | www.mumincicek.com
    • Proposed as answer by tessjc Sunday, December 05, 2010 9:33 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:57 PM
  • Here is the fix:

    Exchange Server 2007

    1. In Exchange Management Console, expand Server Configuration, and then click Mailbox.
    2. In the Database Management window, right-click Properties on the mailbox store.
    3. Click the Client Settings tab, click Browse, and then click the appropriate offline address book.
    4. Click OK two times.

    Exchange Server 2010

    1. In Exchange Management Console, expand Organization Configuration, and then click Mailbox.
    2. In the Database Management window, right-click Properties on the mailbox store.
    3. Click the Client Settings tab, click Browse, and then click the appropriate offline address book.
    4. Click OK two times.
    • Proposed as answer by NetMum Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:48 PM
    Friday, July 29, 2011 7:55 PM
  • This fix work great for me..i was scratching my head. Thanks all
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:42 PM
  • The fix also worked for me :-) Thank you
    Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:47 PM
  • Thanks, this fix worked for doing a swing migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010
    Monday, June 18, 2012 10:12 PM
  • Thank you skeeziix, your solution helped us a lot in a Disaster Recovery scenario. Thanks!
    Friday, January 04, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Thank you Skeeziix, It worked for me too!
    Tuesday, June 04, 2013 8:58 AM
  • In my case. 

    DNS for remote.mydomain.com was not configured externally.  So the OAB couldn't be downloaded.

    Fix for me was to edit the host file.   "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host."

    Open that file with notepad.   At the bottom of the file type:

    192.168.1.2   remote.mydomain.com

    Then save.

    Note:  192.168.1.2 was the address of the exchange server. 

    This means that when the computer references remote.mydomain.com it redirects to 192.168.1.2

    Should work instantly without a reboot.

    Note:  this is a temporary fix until I sort out the dns with my domain provider.

    Monday, June 24, 2013 10:33 AM