none
Error while preparing to send sharing message

Question

• Hi,

We installed Windows Small Business Server 2011 on Hyper-V. I've created two users and configured two workstation with Outlook 2010. Both users can send/s and receve emails from each other but they cannot share there calender. When a user tries to share a calender Outlook give him the following message :"Error while preparing to send sharing message";

I already checked the sharing policy : "All users from all domain can they calander" (As seen in the screen shot).

Shoud I try to do all "Getting started tasks"  ? We did not done it because to do so Microsoft Small Business Server 2011 requires us to shutdown our DHCP service in our router so it can be the DHCP server on our network.

Is there any speacial configuration we must make to share calender or usualy it is working out of the box ?

Thanks

• Edited by FrançoisV Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:08 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you cannot share the calendar in Outlook, have you try to share it by OWA?

You can follow this steps to share calendar in OWA:

Login OWA->Calendar ->Share->Share This Calendar-> Then you can choose one Option to share

When you try to share calendar in Outlook 2010, please refer to this document:

Share an Outlook calendar with other people

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/share-an-outlook-calendar-with-other-people-HA010354420.aspx

Thanks,

Evan

Friday, November 18, 2011 10:29 AM
  • Hello,

If you cannot share the calendar in Outlook, have you try to share it by OWA?

You can follow this steps to share calendar in OWA:

Login OWA->Calendar ->Share->Share This Calendar-> Then you can choose one Option to share

When you try to share calendar in Outlook 2010, please refer to this document:

Share an Outlook calendar with other people

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/share-an-outlook-calendar-with-other-people-HA010354420.aspx

Thanks,

Evan

Yes, it work in OWA but we would like to share it with Outlook 2010.

And we already tried to disable Forms-Based Authentication in the virtual directory of OWA in IIS.

Thank you

• Edited by FrançoisV Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:01 PM
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 6:49 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any other user have the same issue?

Since you can share Calendar in OWA, I suggest you use the problem account to test on another computer, then check whether this issue will occur or not.

Thanks,

Evan

Monday, November 21, 2011 2:42 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any other user have the same issue?

Since you can share Calendar in OWA, I suggest you use the problem account to test on another computer, then check whether this issue will occur or not.

Thanks,

Evan

Hi,

Yes, all the accounts have the same issue (we tried with 4 different accounts). We tried to share callenders with Outlook 2010 on two different machines.

I'll try to grab a copy of Outlook 2007 and see if I get the same error.

François

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:02 PM
  • Hi,

I've installed Outlook 2007 and I don't get the error anymore :)

I think it is a bug in Outlook 2010.

Where can I report the problem so they can fix it in the next update ?

I must use 2007 to initialise the sharing. Once the message is sent to the user inbox  that I want to share calender/contact with him, I can use 2010 to read the message and accept the sharing. 

From Outlook 2010 I can even change the rights on the calenders, modify calenders contacts etc.

This is weird :(

Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:44 PM