none
Outlook 2010 server relay error 550 5.7.1

Question

• Hi all,

I have an imap/smtp type outlook 2010 account that is functioning incorrectly. messages disappear after a period of time without going to the delete box. This is not a filter problem or forwarding issue either as neither of these are activated.If i send an actual message or in the auto-account setup when sending a test message it fails and an error stating "The server responded  550 5.7.1 Unable to relay" while in account settings if repair account is selected outlook can establish network  connection but fails in its search for xxx@domain.com (a legitimate existing account). When i try manually configuring settings they are as they should be. Any ideas?

Thanks,

• Edited by a-walker Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:32 AM

Answers

• make sure the Outgoing server (SMTP) field says 587. and select TLS in the Use the following type of encrypted connection

have a look at the link i sent to you, All steps are mention there.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Mohamed.Salah Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by a-walker Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:42 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:17 AM

All replies

• are you sure you checked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.

http://support.sherweb.com/Faqs/Show/how-to-configure-a-imap-account-in-outlook-2010-exchange-2010

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:01 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply. When that box is checked i get the message "Send test e-mail message: None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server"
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:12 AM
  • make sure the Outgoing server (SMTP) field says 587. and select TLS in the Use the following type of encrypted connection

have a look at the link i sent to you, All steps are mention there.

• Edited by Mohamed.Salah Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by a-walker Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:42 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:17 AM