none
OWAScratchPad and PublicFolderDB cleanup

Question

• Hi

It's hard to find info regarding this, so here is my question. :-)

What is OWAScratchPad?
    What is StoreEvents?

And can I delete them - and all the other unused system public folders after a transition from 2003 to 2010?

The only used at this customer is the EFORMS.

BR
    Steen

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:43 AM

Answers

• Yes you can delete those 2 PF system folders. They are server specific and you have to remove them before you can remove the PF store or uninstall Exchange from it. Note that if you delete them and then dismount and remount the PF store, they will get recreated.

If you use Org Forms, then replicate any org forms folder below the EFORMS parent folder. You do not replicate the actual EFORMS folder. If you have Outlook 2003 clients, then you need to replicate the free/busy and OAB PF system folders as well.

Twitter!:

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:09 PM

All replies

• Yes you can delete those 2 PF system folders. They are server specific and you have to remove them before you can remove the PF store or uninstall Exchange from it. Note that if you delete them and then dismount and remount the PF store, they will get recreated.

If you use Org Forms, then replicate any org forms folder below the EFORMS parent folder. You do not replicate the actual EFORMS folder. If you have Outlook 2003 clients, then you need to replicate the free/busy and OAB PF system folders as well.

Twitter!:

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:09 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for your answer.

The PF DB are only in Exchange 2010. Exchange 2003 is gone - so there is no more replication.

We only have Outlook 2007 and up.

In Exchange I have only chosen Web Distribution.

I think I will delete all those folders then.

Thanks again.

BR
    Steen

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:15 PM