none
OWA IO exception error in exchange 2007

Question

•  

Hi,

This is the error I am getting while trying to attach the attachment.

It is not happening for all users and for some it is happening.

Is it a Edge or Trnsport server role policy error.

Please clarify

Regards,

Manju

Exception

Exception type: System.IO.IOException

Exception message: There is not enough space on the disk.

Call stack

System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

System.Web.HttpRawUploadedContent.TempFile.AddBytes(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length)

System.Web.HttpRawUploadedContent.AddBytes(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length)

System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent()

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• I am getting the exact same problem with random users throughout our system.  I have checked everything I can think of, and scoured the internet looking for answers and I am getting nowhere.  I can consistently attach files less than 76KB, but not above 87KB. This is the exact error I am getting as well. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. This appears to have only started in the last 3 weeks or so. 

Exception

Exception type: System.IO.IOException

Exception message: There is not enough space on the disk.

Call stack

System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

System.Web.HttpRawUploadedContent.TempFile.AddBytes(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length)

System.Web.HttpRawUploadedContent.AddBytes(Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 length)

System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent()

System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent()

System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection()

System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()

System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm()

System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull)

System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode()

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Monday, November 15, 2010 6:25 PM
  • This error should be from .NET on the client access server.please run disk cleanup on the client access server. or empty the %temp% direcory

Dhruv || Email - Polaris_1942@hotmail.com
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:50 AM
  •  

Hi,

First, I would like to confirm the following questions:

1. Where do you get the “There is not enough space on the disk” error, from the email NDR or Event Log?

2. How large is the attachment? Can you send a smaller attachment from the problematic mailbox?

3. Does the issue occur when send the email with attachment via OWA or Outlook? If it occurs when sending email via OWA, does the issue occur via Outlook?

At this stage, I suggest you open Transport rule and verify whether some rule is applied for the user. If so, please temporarily turn off the rule to check the result.

If there is any error message or Event log, please post it here for research.

Thanks.

Novak Wu-MSFT
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:06 AM
  • Hi thanks for reply,

1. the error is generated in the IE as we try to attach the file and it provide a "Error Details" button if you click it reviels this error code

2.It is not foxed some are very small but never attach,usually PDF and PPT files are giving problem. "txt" file are attaching and doc file will attach.

3.OWA in outlook no issue works fine.

Nothing is configured in transport server for the user.

Regards,

Manju

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:14 AM
  • Since the issue only occurs on several machines, I suggest you check the problem on the client machine first. Please temporarily turn off firewall and antivirus program on the client to check the result. Also, you can replace another Internet Browser for a test.

At the server side, please check the IIS settings:

1. Open properties of OWA  virtual directory.

2. In Directory Security tab, under Secure communications, click Edit. Make sure that the box "Ignore client certificates" is selected.

3. Restart IIS when it's possible.

If the issue persists, please launch EMS and run the following command to specify the maxsendsize value for a user who has this problem.

Set-mailbox <UserAlias> -maxsendsize:20MB

Hope this helps.

Novak Wu-MSFT
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:52 AM
  • I get this error on BPOS/Microsoft Online Services - Exchange Online: OWA.

Same error; System.IO.IOException; , found in IE where OWA provides "Error details" after failing the attachment(s) upload.

PDF's usually fail, even in small file sizes. Notepad .txt's however works fine (file size ~200b).

Can't open the mailbox in Outlook because of proxy settings.

How do I check IIS settings or launch the Management Console in BPOS - Exchange Online?

Regards,

ALu

Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:14 PM
  • Hi,

Please note that it is not happening for all users.

Only for some users.

Not for all files only for some PPT and PDF file

Any solutions???

Regards,

Manju

Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:25 PM
  • Hi,
    do you have a transport policy running on the exchange server cas and hub?
    read this article
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998860(EXCHG.80).aspx

Dinesh
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:02 PM
  • I understand that the issue only occurs on several users’ machine. As I mentioned in the last post, please temporarily turn off firewall and antivirus program on the client to check the result. Also, you can replace another Internet Browser for a test. If the issue persists, please check the Event Viewer on the client machine and post the error message here if there is.

Novak Wu-MSFT
    Monday, November 22, 2010 2:00 AM
  • Hey Guys!!!

I got the same issue and that was solved by clearing space in the C: Drive of CAS\HUB server (Active node in CCR environment).Please refer the link below.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradmin/thread/4b4e4b21-e7d9-4872-9bb4-dfa865b9381c

Regards,

Manju

Saturday, December 04, 2010 2:54 AM