none
Exchange 2010 database Resynchronizing a LOOOOONG time

    Question

  • i built an ADG and started a resynchronization after i moved all the mailboxes from 2003 exchange to 2010 exchange

    and is taking FOREVER to do it.

    I started it on 12/29 and it still says it is resynchronizing (Copy Queue Length is increasing)... is this normal?

    my exchange database is about 500Gb big.

    Thank you

     

     

    Wednesday, January 05, 2011 7:26 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi Hani,

    Please run the EXBPA and check the Event Viewer as well.

    Will this post be helpful?

    Question about Copy Queue Length

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchange2010/thread/30911ce9-02ce-4bb1-a08a-a964a24b061f


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Frank.Wang Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:55 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 7:36 AM
  • Frank,

    the post helped, i followed the instructions on the last entry and that solved my problem,

    but have a different issue now, which is, none of the items can be found in the mailbox, with that i mean when searching for a task or word in an email

    it is not found, nothing is but whatever is inputed from today on.

    Thank you

     

    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:34 PM
  • Hi Hani,

    Do you mean you cannot search in Outlook? If yes, did you try to search mails both in cached mode and online mode?

    Please follow the link to troubleshoot first:

    Diagnose Exchange Search Issues

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123701.aspx

    By the way, suggest you open a new thread to seek the solution.

     


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:42 AM
  • yes thats right, i can not search in outlook.

    all the outlook clients are in online mode.

    i followed some instruction on the link you provided and found some great information but everything checks out on my exchange servers.

    funny thing thou, i have two databases setup in DAG and if i perform a local move of the mailbox where search doesn't work and 

    i move it to a 2nd database, once moved, search comes back with results then.

    Thank you

    Hani

     

    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:55 PM
  • This happens to me as well.

    This is a MICROSOFT BUG - plain and simple. The database should be able to clean itself up and so forth but, instead, you are forced to create a NEW DB for each one that has this indexing or 'partial indexing' issue.

    You cannot tell me that, with this NEWEST, GREATEST technology, that a mailbox DB MAGICALLY becomes 'corrupted.' The mailbox DB created and synched fine but then, later, if users in some certain mailboxes do searches, they get only partial results. When creating a brand new DB, and moving the user to the new DB, all is magically solved.


    tnjman

    Friday, April 20, 2012 2:39 PM