none
After moving database and log files, my exchange server hangs

Question

• Hi,

My windows is 2003 standard and exchange is 2003 standard

I peform all the steps that mentioned in this URL: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821915.

I moved the databases and log files from local disk (C Drive) to a san storage (H Drive)

But after i see the messages that say completed successfully, after one hour suddenly my exchange server hangs

And I unable to see all the databases and log files at the san storage (H Drive), which i previously can see when i saw the messages that say completed successfully.

When I tried to restart the exchange server, nothing happened for more than 1 hours.

Should I force it to shutdown or wait for it to restart?

Kindly advise.

As I facing a big issue now.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:35 PM

All replies

• Seriously, these forums are not the place for urgent assistance, sorry.  Since it's now been nearly eight hours, I presume that your problem has solved itself.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Friday, April 22, 2011 1:36 AM
  • Ed is right, we can't provide urgent assistance here.

I would like to know what is the message you see on the server, does it say Applying Computer Settings?
    If its been long time than i would hardboot the server rather than waiting...

One more thing is, did you installed any latest windows update on the server? 

Gulab | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2010 | MCTS-MCITP Messaging: 2007 | MCC 2011 | Skype: Gulab.Mallah
    Friday, April 22, 2011 12:36 PM
  • Hi Usersky,

You can hard reboot it if you have waited for long time.

Is there any error in your event log?

You also can use Exbpa to do a health check for your Exchange Server.

You can download Exchange Best Practices Analyzer from this link:

Microsoft Exchange Best Practices Analyzer v2.8

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=dbab201f-4bee-4943-ac22-e2ddbd258df3&displaylang=en

Thanks,

Evan

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:30 AM