none
We need hotmail.com to add our ip to their whitelist

Question

• We host our own email server and have no issues sending out emails to any of our customers except for customers with accounts with hotmail.com, msn.com and live.com.

Here is the response from HELO

This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #120. The remote host "65.55.37.88", responded to the SMTP command "mail" with "550 SC-001 (COL0-MC2-F42) Unfortunately, messages from our domain IP weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.  ". The full command sent was "MAIL FROM:<Sue@grahamcstores.com> SIZE=63950  ".  This will probably cause the connection to fail.

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

I have contacted our ISP "Comcast" and they said we are not globally blacklisted so there should not be an issue with sending email to hotmail.

This started happening last Wednesday! I need this resolved today!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm afraid only can your ISP and hotmail support resolve your question.

Try to contact MSN/hotmail/live mail:

Deliverability Issue Submission

https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl2&ct=eformts&scrx=1

Frank Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Frank.Wang Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:35 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:37 AM
  • Looking at the A record for your domain, your IP address falls under 74.94.106.X range. This range of IP's has been blocked in 2 RBL's and the same can be verified via www.senderbase.org. The only person who can help you out is your ISP again. This is because the complete block of their IP address has got a poor reputation across RBL's.

-PSS

Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:55 PM

All replies

• We all of a sudden got put on a Hotmail blacklist. There is ablsolutely no support for this.....

I keep filling out this stupid form which nobody has contacted me yet for resolution!

When is someone going to contact us?

• Merged by Frank.Wang Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:15 AM duplicated
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:28 PM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid only can your ISP and hotmail support resolve your question.

Try to contact MSN/hotmail/live mail:

Deliverability Issue Submission

https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsmsbl2&ct=eformts&scrx=1

Frank Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:37 AM
  • On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:28:07 +0000, remove_me_off_blacklist wrote:

>We all of a sudden got put on a Hotmail blacklist. There is ablsolutely no support for this.....
    >
    >I keep filling out this stupid form which nobody has contacted me yet for resolution!
    >
    >When is someone going to contact us?

Why do you think that a forum for Microsoft Exchange server is the
    place to get help?

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 3:29 PM
  • I have contacted our ISP three times, and spoke to three different people about this. They all said there is nothing wrong with any of our 5 static IP addresses and none of them are on any global blacklist. Their answer was since the block issue was with hotmail, I have to go to hotmail's support team to get this resolved.

This is the worst support I have ever experienced for this matter from both sides.

All other emails; both incoming and outgoing, are just fine. It is only hotmail, msn, live.com account we cannot send emails too.

If you really think my ISP is the problem, can be more specific as to what to say to my ISP? Can we do a conference call or something?

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:03 PM
  • Looking at the A record for your domain, your IP address falls under 74.94.106.X range. This range of IP's has been blocked in 2 RBL's and the same can be verified via www.senderbase.org. The only person who can help you out is your ISP again. This is because the complete block of their IP address has got a poor reputation across RBL's.

-PSS

Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:55 PM