none
OWA: Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Web Page

Question

• I am new to Exchange and am trying to troubleshoot the OWA. Remote users get the message that Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Web Page when trying to access their email remotely.

We are running IIS 6 and Exchange Server Version: 6.5.7638.1 on Server 2003 Standard Edition.

I am able to bring up the page internally.

Where do I start?

lh

Monday, November 17, 2008 5:07 PM

Answers

• I was able to bring up the page locally on the server and on a computer connected to a domain. The issue was with users off site.

I tried nslookup, but it did not come up with an address. Just to try something I had the remote users delete all off line files. Then they were able to access Outlook.

Not sure what changed or why it worked, but it did.

Thanks for your help anyway, I appreciate the response.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to browse OWA using localhost/exchange on the same server and check if it works?

If localhost works then go to a domain connected computer and try to browse OWA using <Netbiosname of server>/exchange or <IP Address of Exchange>/exchange and check if it works or not?

Also check if you have a domain name registered and there is an external IP address that is pointing to your firewall/network?

To check your external IP address, Go to command prompt, type “nslookup” and then hit enter.

Now type your OWA URL and then hit enter. If an IP address comes up then try to browse OWA externally using that IP address and let me know if it works?

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:56 PM
  • I was able to bring up the page locally on the server and on a computer connected to a domain. The issue was with users off site.

I tried nslookup, but it did not come up with an address. Just to try something I had the remote users delete all off line files. Then they were able to access Outlook.

Not sure what changed or why it worked, but it did.

Thanks for your help anyway, I appreciate the response.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:48 PM