none
Outlook assigning categories automatically

Question

• I asked this question over on answers.microsoft.com and was asked to post on this forum

I was using Outlook 2007 till a couple weeks back. I had this system in place whereby I would assign a category to an incoming mail after I had read it.  My "main" folder was a search folder in which was listed only items that didn't have any categories, so it had mostly unread mails or mails that I'd read but hadn't decided what to do with. 
    I was upgraded to 2010 last week and now my system is messed up.  New mail that comes in which is part of a conversation which has categorized mail in it is getting automatically categorized so i don't see it in my "Uncategorized Mail" search folder.  It's still New and in my Inbox but since I don't look at my Inbox, I'm missing these mails.

I liked my old system, so how do i adapt it to 2010?

I did some more research and it looks like Outlook 2010 and Exchange 2007 don't like each other.  My problem can be traced to that as per this link

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/2010/conversation-groups/

Am I S.O.L, then?

Monday, March 12, 2012 12:31 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

Generally, the categories is an attribute on each email that are saved in user mailbox Exchange Server. Upgrading Outlook will not change these attributes unless the mailbox is corrupted.

At this time, let’s try resetting the Outlook views in Outlook by “Outlook /cleanviews”, Then recreate the views you set in Outlook 2007 and see if it works.

Thanks,

Simon

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:01 AM