none
Message Tracking Tool

Question

• In my Exchange 2010 RC server, I am attempting to use the Message tracking web interface from EMC.  When I attempt to use it, it prompts me for my credentials through the Outlook Web App form authentication (even though ECP's web config in IIS says Windows based authentication is enabled and forms based is not), and then I get a "webpage cannot be found" on this URL --> https://usexv10.qa-na.qa-intranet.msd/owa/auth.owa  I am able to login to OWA, but even with that, I am prompted for credentials instead of it using my integrated Windows authentication as I have it setup in EMC for authentication method on the OWA Default Site properties box.  So I'm confused as there appears to be some correlation here, but not sure how the ECP ties into this.  Again, my lack of history or background in Exchange is really leaving me in the dark with my lab work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated on 2 things:

1) Why doesn't the integreated Windows authentication work for my OWA login?
    2) Why doesn't the message tracking tool from EMC work after authenticating through the OWA forms authentication page?

Thanks!
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 8:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Update: I resolved the integrated Windows authentication for OWA by adding the FQDN to the trusted sites in the intranet zone.  However, that did not help with the problem with Message Tracking. 
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:45 PM
  • Hi Sandy,

What does get-ecpvirtualdirectory show for WindowsAuthentication and FormsAuthentication fields on your ECP virtual directory?  The settings must match OWA's auth settings on the same CAS server and after changing them you should run iisreset to have the apps pick up new auth settings.

Max Vaysburd | Exchange - ECP Dev Lead
    Friday, September 11, 2009 4:22 AM
  • Yes, I've set OWA and ECP authentication the same.  Windows=True and Forms, Digest, and Basic = False.  I have done iisreset several times.  Any other ideas?
    Friday, September 11, 2009 2:57 PM
  • UPDATE:  After getting the ECP settings corrected per my other post, then the message tracking tool now works.  Here is the other post link --> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/583e6b01-8fb2-4ba4-bb70-3a521ddc8c2c
    • Marked as answer by Sandy Harvey Monday, September 21, 2009 3:41 PM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 3:40 PM