none
Exchange 2010 how to add administrative rights / delegate control

Question

• Hello,
       I just installed Exchange 2010 on Server 2008 R2 - works GREAT! - really cool! - so far the only problem I am having difficulty is doing something I have always been able to do. In exchange 2003 it was called: Delgate control: open: Microsoft exchange System manager - right click on the name of the server - and select "delegate control" in Exchange 2007 I would do the exact same thing expect I would right click on "organization configuration" and select "add exchange administrator"... I can not find any option like this though in exchange 2010.
       I need to do this in order to setup Cloudmark Spam filtering software to work correctly.

Thank you in advance
    Tre
    Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Permissions (RBAC) have been completely re-architected in 2010 and this is actually a significant selling point of the new platform.  Details for configuration are here:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd298183(EXCHG.140).aspx

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 10:59 PM
  • I need help. Ive deleted the user account used to install and manage Exchange 2010.

I recreated it and added it to the various Exchange Management Groups, domain admins, enterprise admins and schema admins but when I try to log on to the server I am immediately logged off before it completes the log on.

What am I missing?

Ron

Saturday, November 20, 2010 6:17 AM
  • First of all, don’t worry.  There is no special significance of the account you installed Exchange with.  Second, this issue should be a new thread.  Please make one.  And since it logs you off, I’d suggest a Windows 2008 general thread – not Exchange.

Mike Crowley
    Check out My Blog!

Monday, November 22, 2010 3:45 AM