none
Watson report about to be sent to dw20.exe for process id: 3012

    Question

  •  

    Hi all,

    We just migrated the last of our mailboxes from our exchange 2007 server to our exchange 2010 server, the exchange 2007 server is now completely decommissioned and offline.

    We are running server 2008 and exchange 2010 sp1.

    Multiple times every week we receive the following error on our exchange 2010 server.

    Watson report about to be sent to dw20.exe

    WINDOWS EVENT
    -----------------------------------
    TIME OF EVENT: 2/17/2012 6:08:42 PM
    EVENT LOG: Application
    EVENT SOURCE: MSExchange Common
    EVENT ID: 4999
    SEVERITY: Error
    DESCRIPTION: Watson report about to be sent for process id: 3012, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.01.0218.015, M.E.RpcClientAccess.Service, M.E.RpcClientAccess.Handler, M.E.R.H.RopHandler.Logon, System.InvalidOperationException, 41bd, 14.01.0218.012.
    ErrorReportingEnabled: False

     

    I have been researching this, but haven't found much in the way of a clear explanation as to what it is.

    Bar the error in the event log, I don't see it actually having a negative effect.

     

    Any help or advice is welcome!

    Thank you in advance.

     

    Kind Regards

    Owen

    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:45 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Some of these were resolved in the RU up to SP2.  I'd put on SP2 RU2.  Also, these events from what I have seen dont have any user impact.

    Sukh

    • Proposed as answer by CastinluModerator Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by CastinluModerator Monday, March 05, 2012 4:13 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by OwenJKirwan Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by OwenJKirwan Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:44 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:57 AM
  • hi,

    First try to update your exchange to sp2 ru1.

    See if the issue still occured.

    If can't work,please tell us.

    If can,please remember mark as answer.

    thanks,


    CastinLu

    TechNet Community Support

    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:53 AM
  • Thank you for the replies.

    I am just awaiting change control approval from the Operations Manager,

    most likely I will have it by this evening and will update to SP2.

    Will let you know in the morning.

    Regards

    Owen

    Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:21 AM
  • Hi Owen.  I just noticed I'm having these on one of my CAS servers as well, so I'm interested to hear whether SP2 RU1 fixes it.  I'm on SP2 now.
    Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:45 PM
  • Did SP2 RU1 helped?

    We started to have these issues today.

    Thanks

    E


    Eimis

    Friday, March 02, 2012 7:42 PM
  • hi,

    How about your issue?

    If our solution can fix your issue,please remember to mark as answer.

    thanks,


    CastinLu

    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, March 05, 2012 1:20 AM
  • Hi all,

    very sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we had to wait a month to get approval to impliment sp2 ru1.

    It is in place now and we are still receiving the error.

    Any further suggestions would be most welcome?

    Regards

    Owen

    Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:31 PM
  • Anyone?
    Friday, April 20, 2012 10:12 AM
  • just to keep this alive for anyone having the same issue.

    I logged a support call with microsoft about a month ago for this, they have yet to resolve the error.

    I can tell you it is the process w3wp.exe (MSExchangeECPAppPool) crashing intermittently that is causing the error, but no reason as to why yet.

    Will keep updating as Microsoft continue to work on the problem.

    On a side note, this doesn't seem to be actually having any kind of impact that we are aware of.

    Regards

    Owen

    Friday, June 01, 2012 9:18 AM
  • ok so the latest is, it looks as if SCOM was causing the error.

    We put SCOM monitoring for the exchange server into maintenance mode and we didnt get the error for a week (it ususally come sin once or twice a day). Reenabled the monitoring and the error came in again.

    Looking deeper it seems to be the ECP monitoring in particular causing the problem.

    The exchange guys in microsoft want to increase the interval of scanning, but the SCOM guys say this is not possible, so we have disabled the ECP monitoring for the moment to see if the error comes in again.

    Hopefully this helps somebody out.

    I'll update again next week when I have monitored the server.

    Regards

    Owen


    • Edited by OwenJKirwan Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:35 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:20 PM
  • The issue persists, Microsoft support have asked me to install RU 3 to resolve the issue.

    Installed this last night, so will see over the next few days.

    Owen

    Wednesday, August 08, 2012 2:22 PM
  • RU 3 has resolved the issue.

    Owen

    • Marked as answer by OwenJKirwan Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:04 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:04 AM