none
Send Only No Reply Email Address

Question

• Hi, I'm trying to create a email address that would only be used for "Send Only No-Reply" messages to senders. In otherwords, someone in our organization would send to senders a emails with subject "NO REPLY SEND ONLY" in the subject line and the email mail address would reflect "EMAIL REMOVED". I've looked at one post which suggested:

[If you want to simply null the replies, create a mail-enabled distribution group with no members and assign the SMTP reply address to it. The mailbox can be set up to reply with a template that has the DL SMTP address as the FROM:. Any replies will go back to that DL and vanish. Or use a mail-enabled public folder if you want to actually see the replies.

Alternatively, look at Hub Transport rules to do some fancy redirecting of replies, etc...]

I've tried to follow this, but, I must be doing something wrong. I used EXCH 2007 to create Dist Grp with no members. Its Mail-Enabled Un Dist Grp. I have place the STMP address as: EMAIL REMOVED. How do I setup the template for replying? Maybe I've no created the mail account properly. I would appreciate any help or instructions on how to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Friday, October 16, 2009 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Create any user and then create a transport rule. The transport rule will be created as "if there is mail for this particular user" "then silently drop it".

Thanks.
    • Proposed as answer by Frank.Wang Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frank.Wang Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:59 AM
    Friday, October 16, 2009 4:29 PM
  • Tin,

Get a regular email account, and in outlook don't enter a pop server name

What I suggest is setting up an account requires a POP server name. Instead,
    the OP should specify a dummy POP server and then set the account in the
    Send/Receive group to never receive.

Have a good day, Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP-EMA|
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to send auto-reply message to senders, you can configurate it in Oulook.
    more details: Automatically reply to messages
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102487481033.aspx

Frank Wang
    Monday, October 19, 2009 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Create any user and then create a transport rule. The transport rule will be created as "if there is mail for this particular user" "then silently drop it".

Thanks.
    Friday, October 16, 2009 4:29 PM
  • Tin,

Get a regular email account, and in outlook don't enter a pop server name

What I suggest is setting up an account requires a POP server name. Instead,
    the OP should specify a dummy POP server and then set the account in the
    Send/Receive group to never receive.

Have a good day, Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP-EMA|
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to send auto-reply message to senders, you can configurate it in Oulook.
    more details: Automatically reply to messages
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102487481033.aspx

Frank Wang
    Monday, October 19, 2009 6:39 AM
  • Thanks, I've followed your suggestions and have successfully created the "SEND ONLY" email account. Alternatively, I've used a transport rule to route the mail. Now, my next question is: I've created this mail account as a Mail-Enabled Dist List, with no members,  is there a way I could create a template that would be used to send when sending from this email address? In otherwords, if I send from this account using my existing email account, I would choose this accounts name in the FROM and in the TO my recipients. I would like for whenever I choose this account in the FROM a pre-set template would be displayed in the message body. Could I create a form or how would this work or could it work? I know I can create a rule to send a template as a reply; however, I'm interested in have a preset template called whenever a user choose this account in the FROM.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Friday, October 23, 2009 3:04 AM