none
Upgrade From exchange 2007 sp2 to exchange 2007 sp3

Question

• Dear All,

I need to upgrade my exchange 2007 from sp2 to sp3 on windows 2003 R2 64Bit and i have 5 server for exchange 2-mailbox by cluster and 1-cas&hub  1-edge and 1-mailbox and cas and hub  i need the steps to upgrade from sp2 to sp3

which one will start Like (cas and hub first or mail box first or Edg first to upgrade it )

waiting Your advice about this case .

Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:18 PM

Answers

• See:

Release Notes for Exchange Server 2007 SP3

• You must prepare Active Directory and each domain before you perform the first installation of Exchange 2007 SP3 in an organization. This process includes updating the Active Directory schema for Exchange 2007 SP3. For information about the required permissions and about steps that you must follow to complete this process, see How to Prepare Active Directory and Domains in Exchange 2007 SP3 online Help. For a list of Active Directory schema changes that are made when you install Exchange 2007 SP3, see Active Directory Schema Changes (SP3)

• We recommend that you upgrade your servers that are running the Mailbox server role after you upgrade your servers that are running the server roles in the following list. Upgrade your computers in the following order:
      • Client Access servers
      • Unified Messaging servers
      • Hub Transport servers
      • Edge Transport servers
      • Mailbox servers
      If you upgrade your servers in this order, you may avoid potential service interruptions.
    • We recommend that you upgrade Client Access servers that reside on Internet-facing sites before you upgrade Client Access servers that reside on sites that do not have Internet connectivity.

Consider the following conditions when you install Exchange 2007 SP3 on clustered Mailbox servers.

Twitter!:

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:07 PM

All replies