none
ActiveSync & SP3

Question

• I've read the posting on ActiveSync & SP3, most people saying he makes it work together, most saying not, others talking about turning off the Windows Firewall.  On the Microsoft ActiveSync download page, it appears they say that ActiveSync will only work with XP but not with SP3. So if this is so, how do XP users Synch their Pocket Computer Contacts to Outlook Contacts if SP3 is installed on their computers? I still an AT&T Tilt that I like very much but cannot synch it to Outlook because ActiveSynch does  not "recognize the USB device".  I had ActiveSync 3.8 something and in the past I was able to synch my HP iPaq (?) to it and I think I had synched the ATT phone to it but have not in a long time...maybe that was before SP3.  I think I turned it off because I got annoyed every time I just wanted to plug in my phone to charge it. I upgraded today from 3.8 to 4.5 and even with turning off the AVG firewall (MS firewall was already off), no joy...still can't recognize my phone.
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:16 PM

Answers

• Have you installed VPN client on the computer? If so, please modify the connection on the windows mobile device to use Serial USB instead of RNDIS. In order to do this, you need to select the USB to PC option under Connections and disable the Advanced Network functionality

Please connect the device to the computer over Bluetooth, see if the data can be synchronized

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, January 20, 2011 5:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Friday, January 21, 2011 6:17 AM
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:10 AM