none
can't uncheck OWA light

Question

• Hi all!

I'm having problems with OWA and it's driving me crazy. I run IE11 and so far I was able to use OWA in Premium mode, as it should be. Two days ago my computer automatically installed some Windows updates and since then I can only see OWA in light mode, and when I sign in I cannot uncheck the box to switch out of Light. The blind and low vision mode is also unchecked. I tried with other browsers and with Firefox I'm not experiencing this problem, OWA opens in Premium. I reinstalled IE11 but the problem persists. Help?

Thank you,

Elena

Friday, December 13, 2013 7:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• If your Exchange server had been permitting non-light (as you described), you may get relief by adding the Exchange's domain to the Compatibility View Settings. It worked for me. I find it amazing that non Microsoft browsers such as Chrome and Firefox, continue to work just fine with the Premium/full version of OWA. However, Microsoft's own IE11 has compatibility issues. Of course, Microsoft will describe all these technical reasons why that has to be so ... from the same folks who brought you ... no real start menu in 8 or 8.1, no floating Metro windows in the desktop, complete disdain for power users of Windows who use short-cut keystrokes and the mouse, products such as Outlook that pretend to be people with messages such as "We can't find that item"  ... where are the we?

From a user who used to look forward to Microsoft products and patches. Now I look forward to using Apple devices and Google services.

Friday, December 13, 2013 9:18 PM
  • It worked by adding the website to Compatibility View. Thank you so much!
    Friday, December 13, 2013 9:51 PM
  • Hi,

Glad that you have found what you want.

However, as far as I know, adding the website to Compatibility View is a workaround for this issue.

To resolve this issue in Exchange Server 2013, we can install the update.

For more information, you can refer to the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2866064/en-us

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Angela

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 16, 2013 9:19 AM