none
url access from outlook web access

All replies

• This has nothing to do on server side. this has to be checked on clients end. check if users has multiple browser client if so check for default browser client
    Vinod |CCNA|MCSE 2003 +Messaging|MCTS|ITIL V3|
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:15 PM
  • Hi Bala,

Could you please help us clarify the following questions?

1. Do it happen on all users or just one user?

2. Have you installed some third party software?

3. Does it work before? What have you done before the issue occurs?

4. The url is typed manually or generated by some software?
    5. What's your Exchange version? 2003 or 2007?

Thanks,

Elvis

Friday, August 28, 2009 7:33 AM
  • Hi Elvis,

Thanks for reply.

- it happens to all users
    - there is no any third party software installed
    - no it was not working earlier if you click on hyperlink , in order to work we right click on hyperlink - open new browser(IE or Mozilla) and paste link enter it works
    - it is typed manually in emails -
    - we are running exchange 2000 with sp 3 and exchange 2003 sp 2

let me more clear on my question - This problem doesn't happen in email client i.e. we use Outlook.

- In our company who has access to VPN , employees login through remote and check their emails through VPN i.e. (outlook web access)
    - company url for vpn example is -
    https://extranet.domain.com
    - if there is any link in email and user clicks on that doesn't work instance email has www.google.com once you click on link - new browser opens and the address generally has to be www.google.com but it doen't look like this ........ it shows as https://extranet.domain.com,DanaInfo==www.google.com+s.aspx?sm=u5X_2bfOLShnuWRBiYHs8Y5A_3d_3d 

- it doesn't go further , finally it shows page cannot be displayed.

Hope it is clear if not let me know i can send you snapshot for the same .

Please advice,

Thanks,
    Bala.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 3:54 PM
  • Hi Bala,

You mentioned your employees access though VPN and then access OWA. If they visit OWA directly from external, does the same issue occur? At the same time, please use Microsoft update to install all latest updates for your Exchange server and test the issue again.

Thanks,

Elvis

Monday, August 31, 2009 9:15 AM
  • Hi Elvis,

Thanks for reply.

I mean employee login from remote(home or extranet site) , but inside office in outlook hyperlink is working . We have updated Exchange 2003 with latest updates .

Generally at office not necessary to login to vpn , let me be clear... at office no issues .

If i want to check my office emails from home , i need to login to VPN , after logging in click on outlook web access for my emails , issue happnes here if any email contain hyperlink , click on the same as mentioned in previous post same thing happens.

if there is option to paste snapshot i would have:-) . Hope my problem explanatory is clear else let me know i will think to express.

Thanks,
    Bala.
    Monday, August 31, 2009 3:36 PM
  • Hi Bala,

If you visit OWA at office, it doesn't have any issue, right?

I'm not clear why you need to login vpn first before visit OWA when you're out of office. I guess your OWA is not published in internet? Could you please visit OWA directly, without dial vpn and check if it has the same issue?

thanks,

Elvis

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 7:34 AM
  • Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:31 PM