none
Exchange email send problem

Question

• When sending emails internally on Exchange 2007, several users have started to report that the emails are bouncing back. I told them to enclose the email in angle brackets and that seems to have put a band-aid on the issue because the emails sent successfully, but this is still an issue. Any idea why this might be happening for some users and not others? Is it an address book issue?
    Monday, March 05, 2012 7:26 PM

Answers

• hi,

If the mail are bouncing back,you should receive some error information,what about the information.

My suggestion:Directly enter the full e-mail address or choose user from the address book to send mail,see if the issue is still occured. Maybe the issue is caused by the cache.

hope can help you

thanks,

CastinLu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Castinlu Tuesday, March 13, 2012 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, March 07, 2012 2:07 AM

All replies

• Have you recently migrated or made any other changes?

Are the users selecting from the GAL, or the nicknames file? Does the same issue happen in OWA? Anything common about the recipients that bounce back?

<> is the Alias, used internally by Exchange only, and doesn't always correspond with the user involved. It is actually the first time I have heard of someone suggesting that as a fix (even a temporary one).

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.

Monday, March 05, 2012 8:17 PM
  • hi,

If the mail are bouncing back,you should receive some error information,what about the information.

My suggestion:Directly enter the full e-mail address or choose user from the address book to send mail,see if the issue is still occured. Maybe the issue is caused by the cache.

hope can help you

thanks,

CastinLu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Castinlu Tuesday, March 13, 2012 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, March 07, 2012 2:07 AM