none
Exchange 2010 Enterprise vs Standard Download

Question

• On the Microsoft eOpen site (volume license...whatever you want to call it these days) I noticed that the file size for the Exchange 2010 Standard ISO is the exact same size as the Exchange 2010 Enterprise ISO.  The file names appear to be the same as well.  So my questions is this, are there actual separate ISOs for enterprise vs standard or are the enterprise features enabled with the enterprise key?

I installed my first Exchange 2010 server (a CAS/HUB) server as a standard edition.  I was then going to install two enterprise editions for DAG mailbox servers but forgot to grab the enterprise ISO when I installed my first mailbox server.  I have not entered my Enterprise product key yet so when I do a get-exchangeserver on my first mailbox server the edition says "standardtrial" or something like that.  At first I thought I screwed up and needed to uninstall that mailbox server and reinstall enterprise edition.  But now I'm wondering if I enter my product key if it will enable the enterprise edition.

Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The files should be the same - its the license key that sets the version (standard or enterprise)

Leif

• Proposed as answer by Gulab Prasad Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by CCaldwell Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:59 AM
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The files should be the same - its the license key that sets the version (standard or enterprise)

Leif

• Proposed as answer by Gulab Prasad Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by CCaldwell Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:59 AM
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:14 AM
  • On the Microsoft eOpen site (volume license...whatever you want to call it these days) I noticed that the file size for the Exchange 2010 Standard ISO is the exact same size as the Exchange 2010 Enterprise ISO.  The file names appear to be the same as well.  So my questions is this, are there actual separate ISOs for enterprise vs standard or are the enterprise features enabled with the enterprise key?

I installed my first Exchange 2010 server (a CAS/HUB) server as a standard edition.  I was then going to install two enterprise editions for DAG mailbox servers but forgot to grab the enterprise ISO when I installed my first mailbox server.  I have not entered my Enterprise product key yet so when I do a get-exchangeserver on my first mailbox server the edition says "standardtrial" or something like that.  At first I thought I screwed up and needed to uninstall that mailbox server and reinstall enterprise edition.  But now I'm wondering if I enter my product key if it will enable the enterprise edition.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/dd185495
    Gulab | MCITP: Exchange 2010-2007 | Lync Server 2010 | Windows Server 2008 | Skype: Exchange.Ranger | Blog: www.ExchangeRanger.Blogspot.com
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:44 AM